Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Please I beg you turn off your music!
Previous  1  2

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 4:22 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, but I have missed many an alarm because of earplugs... How will I get to the Megillah on time? Work?

Obviously the earplug solution will only work if you don't need to be worried about not waking for something (or if you wake on your own).

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 6:11 pm
and what about those who dont live in israel?

here in america not everyone on your block is jewish! I had a non-jew who is very tolerant complain to me about this year. She said her neighbor had music blasting the whole day. Cars driving like maniacs down her block (I know this because I had delivering in her area because I see the inconsiderate people blocking intersections, speeding, blaring music, looking at phones instead of the road, double parking - im from an OOT community and even in NY where it's excepted it eats at me because who made you KING to decide that just cause YOU have to do something for JUST ONE SECOND you get to hold up traffic)

She said the music was going past 11 last night, and in my city firecrackers were the new thing (heard them this year for the first time). She works in a jewish environment so she was off today, but what about people who dont and had to go to work the today?

I dont care if its your holiday, other people live in the same world as you, you need to share nicely.

An no other than fireworks from legal areas my city does not have loud parties or noise on 4th of july. There are random people doing firecrackers in my area and if I knew who it was I WOULD call the police on them because I dont want my house burning down just cause you decided to do something stupid.

And if any of my neighbors have blaring music past 11:00 I dont care who you are, I call the police on you.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 6:26 pm
Firecrackers FYI are not legal in many areas.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette