Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What gift did u give for s/o that took your child for 2 wks
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

MamaBear

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 5:43 pm
I didn't read after the first couple of pages....I'm not sure how damaged an older kid would be after 2 weeks, a younger kid I think would be quite confused/upset. But how about me? I'd be a wreck if I left a little kid for that long, especially postpartum when hormones are flying.

To the OP, this kind of situation is not on the radar of the majority of us - it's just totally not done to send a kid away in the regular world for two weeks when you have a baby. A few days, maybe. In fact, in my own circle, people would raise their eyebrows to the ceiling because the idea seems so insane. But clearly not where you live. I learn something about frum jews every day on this site - and I'm pretty darn frum!

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 8:40 pm
behappyeveryday wrote:
OP here.
Firstly my son is five years old, and he was prepared beforehand, and picked where he'd like to stay. He was explained that a mother is very weak after a baby and he'll be away for a short time and then he'll come back home. Yes in my circles sending kids away for two weeks is the norm and no I don't feel like I'm abandoning my child, I'm doing it for the good of my kids that they should have a strong healthy mom.

My son came home for the kiddush on shabbus and he gladly went back and also took him home now for purim and he really enjoyed and again gave no hard time go back.

For those that don't understand, I really don't give a .....I'm doing what best for my kids and myself.

Happy purim to all

Sounds very different than what other Chassidish mom's wrote about jot even interacting with their kids at all during those two weeks. Sounds like your kid went away for a few days at a time several days in a row. Completely different than not seeing or speaking to your kid for two weeks. I honestly don't know how moms can do it to themselves let alone their kids.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics