Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Dd in Israel wants to clean for pesach. How much to charge?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:14 am
My dd is in Israel and has free time now. She got some offers to clean for pesach. How much should she charge?
Should she charge by the job or by the hour?
How can one estimate how long it will take to clean a house or an apartment ?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:17 am
a regular cleaner in some areas charge between 40 - 50 shekels.
I would charge by the hour as she wont know when she begins how long each job will take her.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:24 am
This isn't Israel but my daughter cleans and she charges 15$ an hour for regular cleaning. She charges as much as 20$ if she has to move heavy appliances such as oven and refrigerators. Is the price discrepency so much between Israel and USA?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
This isn't Israel but my daughter cleans and she charges 15$ an hour for regular cleaning. She charges as much as 20$ if she has to move heavy appliances such as oven and refrigerators. Is the price discrepency so much between Israel and USA?
qho is moving heavy appliances? and as I said, its somewhere between 40 - 50 shekels.
Dont compare monies in different countries. It doesnt mean anything.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
This isn't Israel but my daughter cleans and she charges 15$ an hour for regular cleaning. Is the price discrepency so much between Israel and USA?

No it's not. Cleaners make American salaries in Israel

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:32 am
Sanguine wrote:
No it's not. Cleaners make American salaries in Israel
good one sanguine! LOL

grace413

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:48 am
I've heard that people are charging 60 shekel an hour now in Jerusalem for Pesach.

Most fridges here are not difficult to move. My American oven is not difficult to move and I'd be very unpleasantly surprised it somebody tried to charge me extra for moving them.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 11:02 am
Cleaners work hard. Moving some of the ovens/ranges/stoves jammed inbetween the counters not to mention heavy is hard work. Fridges can be easier but again it depends how it's placed . My daughter vacuums out the back of the fridge and scrubs behind stove and fridge on her hands and knees. Not only does she not have complaints the community tries to book her well in advance or they won't get her. She cleans each house how the owner wants her to rather than the usual who clean with their own methods and list of what they will and won't do. When she is asked she will do everything to accommodate them and being Jewish makes her clients feel safe. Not sure that I would agree with that accross the board but my daughter makes a very nice living doing what she does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions