Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Princess Catherine homebirth??

abound

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 1:55 am
I read somewhere that Princess Catherine (aka Kate Middleton) was planning a home-birth but the Queen is not allowing it.
Does the queen really have that much power in the family. That is surreal in today's day and age.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 3:11 am
I was just thinking about this! I don't know about any royal plans, nor do I try to keep up, but I was thinking that a homebirth seems like the kind of thing royalty would do.
Everyone comes to you when you call- quickly!
Privacy that such high profile people need.
Comfort that a hospital cannot even think of coming close to.
She probably has free access to a Jacuzzi at home.

abound

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 3:14 am
If I had her connections I would do it in a heartbeat
She can even have a high profile Dr. Sitting in a wing of the palace during labor.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 5:58 am
I don't know what your source is, or how reliable it is, but I seem to remeber that the queen herself gave birth at home.

rosehill

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 6:09 am
dee's mommy wrote:
I don't know what your source is, or how reliable it is, but I seem to remeber that the queen herself gave birth at home.

Yes, I remember when Prince William was born, much ink was spilled discussing that he was the first royal to be born in a hospital, and how modern Princess Diana was for insisting on this.
That said, with the resources available to her, I can see the appeal of a home/palace birth for the Duchess. If nothing else, to avoid the media circus.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 8:59 am
She wanted to for the first too, IIRC, but ended up compromising. Her mother is/was a midwife I think, so it is normal to her to homebirth. The UK also is much more pro-homebirth than the US. It could be after her first, she is even more comfortable with the idea of a homebirth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics