Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
ISO volunteers for March 17-18

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 10:46 pm
(amother to protect my identity)

Looking for volunteers either part of the day or full day to assist with registration at Parnassah Expo in Edison NJ on 3/17 - 3/18.

Would need to be there about 9:30 am for a quick training (if can't come that early but can join the crew later that may be fine)
The expo opens at 11-6 so preferably full time but even if you can give a few hours is helpful as well.
Please email info@parnassahexpo.com with subject volunteer if you can join the team.

Also wanted to mention that there is a wonderful women's program at the expo and if you have any topics questions or discussions related to women in the workforce that you would like addressed feel free to email it to info@womeninworkforce.com.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:25 am
I really think that the Parnassa Expo should pay for individuals to assist with registration. They are charging money for the booths, and it is only fair to pay those working for them. I do not think that the Expo is a not for profit, but please correct me if I am wrong. I also do not know if payment is your call, but you should definitely bring it up to those in charge: you may have more individuals interested in assisting with the registration that way.

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 11:00 am
Why is this an unpaid position? Sounds very bizarre for an event about making a living to ask people to work for them for free. Am I missing something?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 2:48 pm
It is a non-profit event. Booths don't cover anywhere near the expense of the event and the purpose of the event is to help businesses be matzliach and network.
There may be some compensation available for volunteers if necessary or traveling expenses paid if within reason.
Keep in mind that the booths and venue are subsidized partially by the organization and sponsors so that booth prices can be kept to a minimum.

If you would like to volunteer please reach out at the email posted above.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 3:18 pm
Really? It's a non profit?
Please direct me to last year's tax returns so that I may confirm that - all non profits must publicly post their returns? I personally have a booth there and know what the prices are.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 4:34 am
Yes.
It is a non profit.
No need for argument when obviously there are costs that the public is unaware of to host an event of this size and not for discussion on a public forum.
Please know, the booth prices are calculated at the most minimum possible price to charge to cover costs (if even). Options were created at multiple budget levels at a loss to the organization to be able to have an option for struggling businesses!
All extra costs fall on the shoulders of the organization to cover yet we continue to do so as a service to the public.
In fact this year we were able to knock the price down by $300 for the standard booth so that exhibitors can hold onto that money.

I see that many ppl have a tzar ayin and can't accept this fact. I can't change ppl's misjudgements but I can only tell you from an insiders view that this is done as a chessed by organizers who Do Not take a salary so that they can bring businesses together to be matzliach. I'm talking hours and hours of dedication for the sake of helping klal yisrael because that's what it takes.

I'm not here to argue, but to turn off people from volunteering for a cause by publicly giving tainted opinions or information is no chessed in itself and simply not fair to anyone.

BH we have had many volunteers over the years and so many of them have had their own amazing stories that came about through their volunteering.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 4:55 am
I've had non profits hire me. They don't need to make money, but my time is valuable. A real Chesed would be giving many women a paycheck for 2 days work. I will only work for free if I strongly support the organization.
Basically you're not selling yourself well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics