Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Seeking opinions on 7-8 passenger cars
Previous  1  2

boysrus

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 2:47 pm
we have a chevrolet venture, nobody has mentioned that yet. does that mean that they are not being prodcued anymore>?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 3:17 pm
Right, they are not. They started making the Uplander but even that is no longer produced for a while.

Kia Sedona is another option, BTW.

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 4:40 pm
We lease a T&C now, it's OK overall, but would never buy it.

The back seat is very uncomfortable for adults, we mostly have ids there who don't complain. On occasion tall teenagers had to sit there and said it was really really uncomfortable.
I've never had to strap 3 carseats in the back, so no opinion on that. Had 2 without an issue though.

For a lease, was almost half of other cars, so it's Ok, If we ever buy, I'd start researching other options.
I personally like the fact that minivan back doors slide and I don't have to keep an eye on doors opening into parked cars.
I do love the empty bins under the 2nd row floor , I don't know if other mini vans have it.

joss3

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 7:59 pm
I had the Nissan rogue with one kid and it was great but I can't imagine it being good for a larger family.

I've been driving a Toyota highlander for three years and love it, I've used all seats when I do carpool and it's fine, only a little complicated getting everyone in and buckled.

My lease is up soon and I'm probably going to get the highlander again, or the Buick (don't know the model).

I keep saying I'm not getting a van until I'm 35 or have 4 kids, whichever comes first!

ldg

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 1:33 am
boysrus wrote:
we have a chevrolet venture, nobody has mentioned that yet. does that mean that they are not being prodcued anymore>?

We were told by a chevy dealer that they stopped producing minivans since minivans don't have such good crash ratings. Instead they have the chevy traverse which I believe is a crossover.

Dalia

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:30 am
The Chrysler Town and Country definitely serves its purpose, and is very reasonably-priced. We're leasing our second one, and are BH very happy.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 9:36 am
When my Odyssey lease was up, my SIL convinced me to get the Toyota instead, claiming Toyota are smoother and easier in the snow. It helped that my DH had the Camry.

I hate the sienna. Id give anything to be able to switch back to the odyssey. (I have another 2 1/2 years to go)

The Odyssey was smoother. I have a much harder time in the snow with the Sienna.

The T&C is a smooth car, but I was told its good enough for a lease not to buy-because it doesnt last long

suzyq

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 11:45 am
We recently got a Kia Sedona - it has all the bells and whistles of the Odyssey or the Sienna, with the exception of an 8th seat AND it has an amazing warranty. We are thrilled with it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars