Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kids need quick summer getaway, hubby needs minyan, little $

tsrbalt

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 11:15 pm
We rarely go away, but my daughter's off to sem next year and I wanted to have a nice family Shabbos vacation this summer before she goes. My husband's in aveilos which makes a minyan extra urgent. Finances are tight, but I feel it's important we make the memories while we can. We are very much out-of-towners, so it can't be a bungalow colony as we wouldn't fit in. Are there any minyanim near places where I can get a vacation rental? Any ideas? Thanks.

spring13

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 11:29 pm
Any rentals near where?

tsrbalt

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:31 pm
We are open to anywhere from New Jersey through Virginia.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:59 pm
Look into firnwood. The place isnt fancy at all, but they have nice grounds. The units has a kitchen and washer/dryer. They have a few pools on grounds. Its in the poconos. If you go when camps are still open then you arent to far from a minyan. There may even be enough frum people at firnwood to make mincha/mariv, but I wont count on it unless you find a group and ask them.

There are free falls (bushkill has an entrance fee). You can even go into the water at some of the falls. You can also rent a canoe or raft and go down the delaware. There are alot of things to do, some cost more and some less.

I heard of jimney peak. never went there yet. Its a popular place to go as well. There is even kosher pizza available during the "frum season". From what I heard finding a minyan during bain hazmanim should be simple. There is also units available to rent, I think.

LEsheva

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:59 pm
Richmond and VA beach are both nice vacation spots with minyans. Nice hiking/scenery, so doesn't need to be expensive. Philly is also nice community, and free historic sites to visit before Shabbos

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 10:01 pm
http://www.lincolnnhminyan.com/
http://www.capecodshul.org/cap.....x.php

theotherone

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 11:33 pm
There is a frum chabad run rental house in lancaster in walking distance to the shul.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics