Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Maybe somebody could help me? Book-cover

Dolly1

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 1:55 am
We´re publishing a book about my grandpa´s holocaust survival. We´re b´h up to designing a cover, which is harder than we thought. We tried contacting "designalive"; they offer the opportunity to present such kind of requests as projects to their students free of charge. They presented our bookcover as an option to their students but unfortunately only one student picked it and it wasnt a success. Does anybody know of another kind of school that does such things? one of the main reasons we want to have it done in such a manner is cuz we get to see different views of how ppl would design our idea on a cover, and that gives us the opportunity to choose the most perfect one.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:08 am
You get what you pay for. If you want a professional looking design you need to use a professional designer. Any good designer should be able to give you a few options -- mockups, not final designs. Then you'd choose the one you want and they'd make the final design.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:21 am
most students are not going to be as enthusiastic about your book as you ... and anything 'free of charge' is compromising on detail and professional outcome ...

kb

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:28 am
I do graphic design, but if you want a bunch of options (not necessarily Jewish) try crowd spring. You would pay, but only for the design you like best. And you set the price.

Dolly1

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:36 am
I´m not trying to get something for free. you see, every person understands things in a different way. If I tell one person what I want on my cover then her mind will form a picture and she will create it. But if I ask somebody else, she might create a completely different pics than the first person. So if more ppl work on something I have more chances to get a bigger selection. It is very hard to get a person who designed something, to get her mind off that design and focus on something different. Most of that designer´s ideas will revolve around the same thing...

dimyona

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:41 am
Find someone on fiverr.com.

It's cheap enough that you can gamble on 5-10 different artists just to get design inspiration.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:46 am
I agree with the other posters. There are a lot of sites that you give the designers a budget and then they make the design. And you only pay for the one you like. My dh did that for his business logo. It worked out well. You can give tips to the designers, if let's say you like the design but want different colors, or it moved around or whatever. Good luck. It's a lot of fun.

Dolly1

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:48 am
thank you all for ur help!
will try my luck!

torquoise

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:48 am
You can try The Bold Edge.
http://theboldedge.com/submit-a-job/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics