Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Best grocery/supermarket in lakewood

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 7:47 pm
whats the cheapest one? I am looking for something that has everything in one, meat, fish, baby items fruits and vegies, and the rest of grocery items. is there such a thing? something like krm supermarket in brooklyn or moishes in flatbush. am I dreaming?

be good

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 7:56 pm
don't know about KRM, but NPGS sells all of those things, and has great prices. There are 3 locations.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 8:32 pm
FARM FRESH

sky

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 8:37 pm
NPGS (co-op) is the cheapest for most of items. WIC items are higher so you do have to watch out for that.
I find when I do my weekly shopping elsewhere I end up paying more on every item.

For orders with delivery I like ordering through FoodEx. They are flexible and nice to deal with.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 9:06 pm
Do you think Lakewood is a hick town? There are plenty of supermarkets, including NPGS, which has 3 branches, Farm Fresh, Kosher Village, Kosher West, Superstop, and FoodEx. NPGS does tend to be cheapest, but they don't deliver.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 11:37 pm
I just checked prices from krm in brooklyn and prices from farm fresh oh what a difference! why cant there be a krm type with the service and prices. and delivery? krm charges $3 but they are so cheap and good. I will miss that store sorely. :( oh well, cant get everything.

21young

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 11:45 pm
Farm Fresh is one of the most expensive supermarkets in Lakewood. NPGS is the cheapest but they don't deliver. Kosher Village is not bad after the 10% discount that they give almost everyone, and they are clean, well stocked, and excellent with delivery. And then there are a million other supermarkets that people mentioned.

mommyla

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:24 am
Farm Fresh is a bloody fortune, but they're the only kosher supermarket that's open 24 hours. Big plus. I believe that NPGS Jackson does deliver but only if you do the shopping yourself, so that's a bit of a waste. (You can't call in your order.) I find all of the smaller stores to be very expensive. If you want delivery at better prices, Kosher West is probably your best bet.

sky

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:42 am
I was in Farm Fresh once. While some of what they sold looked amazing it was way more then I typically spend. I've never been back.

sourstix

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:51 am
[quote="mommyla"]Farm Fresh is a bloody fortune, but they're the only kosher supermarket that's open 24 hours. Big plus. I believe that NPGS Jackson does deliver but only if you do the shopping yourself, so that's a bit of a waste. (You can't call in your order.) I find all of the smaller stores to be very expensive. If you want delivery at better prices, Kosher West is probably your best bet.[/quote]

I have no problem with shopping myself. I actually love it. its time for me alone and its time away from being home too much sometimes. I will call the jackson and see for myself. I was wondering that. so thanks. I will try kosher west too. I will need to ask some more. for now we are ok.

Mommy0302

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:05 am
From Brooklyn and def miss the prices of Moishes, Mountain Fruit and the decently priced stores from there ... that also deliver ! In Lakewood I tend to do most of my shopping at Kosher West. They are slightly higher priced than NPGS but at least the store is clean and not crazy like NPGS. I do try to avoid doing my big fruit/veggies shopping at any Jewish stores, if I am able to make it to the Farmers Market where you get better prices. For meats and chicken I will ONLY buy from Jerusalem Glatt or Kosher West where you actually get meat and chicken and not packs of bones and feathers and gross stuff.

curlytop

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:14 am
I shop at kosher west . If you purchase a $500 gift card they load it with $565 so I find with that discount it comes out comparable to the coop and the meats are delicious. U can't use the gift card for delivery though.

LO

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:03 am
Yes, you can use the gift card for the delivery, I do it every week. I think what you mean is you can't use it for phone/e-mail orders. Smile

I second kosher west, I am very happy with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics