Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift Idea for Frum Doctor

JessicaR

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 6:22 pm
Any ideas besides for chocolate and wine for a Frum doctor?
In $50 range.
I know its not necessary to give but want to show my appreciation to my doctor for goin above and beyond.

Any suggestions appreciated!

MamaBear

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 6:29 pm
Donation card from local Tomchei Shabbos or other jewish organization.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 6:31 pm
As the wife of a doctor, I can tell you the a sincere card means so much. My husband gets just a couple a year and when the patient or family of the patient take the time to write a paragraph about how much the level of care meant to them, my husband is truly moved and feels appreciated.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:02 pm
Plaque with tefilas harofeh. You can even get it engraved with the doctor's name

JessicaR

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
As the wife of a doctor, I can tell you the a sincere card means so much. My husband gets just a couple a year and when the patient or family of the patient take the time to write a paragraph about how much the level of care meant to them, my husband is truly moved and feels appreciated.

I will give a handwritten note but also want to present him with a gift.
What type of gifts has he received that were appreciated? Can I give something for the shabbos table or is it too personal an a gift for his wife more than for him?

amother wrote:
Plaque with tefilas harofeh. You can even get it engraved with the doctor's name

I like this idea. What type of store would sell this?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:04 pm
The frum doctors I've used all have tefillat harofeh. I am also the wife of a physician. He's been given ties, a really nice holder for professional cards (on his desk), a small crystal bowl, Amazon gift cards, Barnes and Noble gift cards, really good marzipan (he loves it), and a fancy dreydl.

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:37 pm
JessicaR wrote:
I like this idea. What type of store would sell this?

I've seen them in most sefarim/judaica gift stores.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:59 pm
I'm the amother who mentioned the note....His patients are generally not well off. A nice heartfelt note is all he's ever gotten til last week when someone sent a few bottles of kosher wine.

He doesn't need a gift card so the note means much more to him, know what I mean?

I know you want to give an actual gift so maybe it's different by you. Where I live it would be out of place. The donation is a nice idea though.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 12:13 am
I have given in the past a challah cover, challah tray, wooden wine box and personalized an expensive wine with his name (Engraved on bottle) I always write a few heartwarming words of gratitude.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 7:03 am
Engraved name is a bit tacky... he may be embarrassed to use.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics