Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bloomfield, Detroit boys high school

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 11:47 am
Does anyone have any information on the boys high school in Bloomfield, Detroit?
Tia

amother

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 6:22 pm
I assume you mean the yeshiva in West Bloomfield, a suburb of Detroit?
I don't have personal experience but I am impressed with what I see. It used to be in Toledo, then moved to this suburb, about a 20 minute drive away from the community. I know a lot of solid boys who go there. The school seems to have a decent secular studies curriculum. Very good, warm people involved.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 7:29 pm
I was going to ask if you are talking about Rabbi Pinchas Neuberger's yeshiva. If so, the boys I know who went/are there are good, solid boys, and R' Neuberger himself is a wonderful individual whom we know personally.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 7:33 pm
How are the academics? Is it for boys at the top of the class? Or do they accommodate/cater to good boys that are weaker academically?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 8:03 pm
I didn't hear such nice things. Maybe it depends who you ask. The boys seem like good boys from good homes but from what I see/hear they are completely unwilling to work with weaker boys.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 5:36 am
amother wrote:
I didn't hear such nice things. Maybe it depends who you ask. The boys seem like good boys from good homes but from what I see/hear they are completely unwilling to work with weaker boys.

And I know people who found the opposite.
OP, find current parents to ask. The yeshiva should be forthcoming with names, even if they're the star parents they'll give you more references.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics