Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to kasher self clean oven?

Liebs

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 5:31 am
How do I kasher oven?
I did self clean and now I am cleaning it. Do I have to do it again once cleaned?

imokay

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:30 am
Ask your lor. There are different opinions, ie: not using it for a certain amount of time before kashering.
Personally, I self clean it then remove any charcoal or debris, wipe down and that's it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:37 am
I run a short cycle - scrub the window & anything left - wipe down with sponge - self clean full cycle [this is how I feel comfortable if it's for pesach]

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:42 am
A self-cleaning oven is exactly that — it cleans itself!

Clean around the door edges and gasket with a little Easy-Off Fume Free, but be careful not to damage the gasket. Then run the self-clean cycle (keep the racks in although they may discolor) Brush out any ash after the cycle is completed. If the racks no longer slide smoothly, apply a bit of vegetable oil to the edges that come into contact with the rack holders. YMMV.

Star-K instuctions: http://www.star-k.org/kashrus/.....g.htm

Sanguine

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:46 am
Liebs wrote:
How do I kasher oven?
I did self clean and now I am cleaning it. Do I have to do it again once cleaned?
Whoa!! Your oven is Kashered for Pesach already??!?! You know that we have almost 3 weeks left?

You only have to run a full cycle but the door (glass) doesn't get cleaned so you have to use a lot of oven cleaner on it (not in the oven!) and then the gook will wipe off and it's not Ra-ui LeKelev to eat with oven cleaner on it.

One year my neighbor ran a first clean cycle and then wiped up and then thought she'd have to run again but, alas, she was out of gas and couldn't run it again. The Rabbi said: It's kosher. I don't know why you think you have to run it again. Those ashes aren't Chametz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry