Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
North west baltimore

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 9:59 pm
I was told the Jewish community in north west Baltimore was situated in a high crime and unsafe area. Can anyone help me with this? I had my eye on pikeville however it seems my DH is being redirected to this NW area instead.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:05 pm
I am confused by your information. Pikesville is situtated in NW Baltimore , in fact all of the orthodox commuity is in NW Baltimore. some neighbourhodds have higher crime rates than others that is true, upper park heights has the highest crime rate, so you might want to avoid parts of 21215, best niehgbourhoods might be 21209 locations and some 21208 locations. If you give us names of streets or nieghborhoods perhaps we can help you further?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:25 pm
Technically, Pikesville is the County area just outside the City line, but is used to mean the entire area including NW Baltimore City. Within the frum neighborhoods, in general, farther from Northern Parkway and farther from Reisterstown Road is safer than closer.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 2:11 pm
The Baltimore frum community is (for the most part,with the exception of Scotts Hill/ YeshivaLane-Owings Mills) contained within one large eruv. It covers a few square miles.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/.....Jyhg4

The "southern/southwestern" border of the eruv runs through parts of baltimore city. These parts of baltimore city (NW Baltimore) tend to be black-- lower/lower middle class.

The northern part of the eruv runs through the town of Pikesville, which is in Baltimore county. These parts are nicer, more suburban, more expensive.

So you can own a house in Pikesville and walk to a shul in the Northwest Baltimore Baltimore on shabbos. does that make sense?

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 4:42 pm
amother wrote:
...The "southern/southwestern" border of the eruv runs through parts of baltimore city. These parts of baltimore city (NW Baltimore) tend to be black-- lower/lower middle class.

At least half of the Baltimore Jewish community lives in the City. Some of the City neighborhoods are middle/upper middle class and predominantly white. I know because I live in Cheswolde, which is one of those neighborhoods.

I stand by my previous comment, which is that the areas closest to Reisterstown Rd and closest to Northern Parkway tend to be less safe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating