Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 18  19  20 37  38  39  Next

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 5:37 am
Kayla Rus' scans showed she is stable, but she had to be taken off her chemo for a few days, waiting to hear if she will be able to go back on today. Please pray that she is able to gain some weight and get rid of the excruciating back pain she is in constantly. She is scary-thin right now, another side effect of this chemo. This is the first time since the beginning that I am so worried about her weight.

Please get me numbers for specific dress gemachs! If anyone wants a REALLY HUGE MITZVAH you can call them ahead for me and ask if they have periwinkle dresses in the sizes I mentioned above, before you give me the number to make an appointment to go there. I really do not have a head for this dress hunt, I am getting very overwhelmed. Also, does anyone know if you can dye a white dress and where to go for that? I saw some cute ones for my 9 year old in Burlington but they were white. Thanks for any and all help. At this point, I need more than just gemach-leads, I need hands-on hunt assistance.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 7:15 am
obsesseddancer wrote:
This is the first time since the beginning that I am so worried about her weight.

I'm sure you've thought of this already, but this is often where marijuana really helps.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 7:30 am
I wouldn't give up on finding something in the right shade, or close to it for the little girls, but would the kallah be open to letting the little kids wear white if need be? I really don't like when adults wear white or off white gowns, sometimes they upstage the kallah, but little girls are different.
Hatzlacha and bracha!

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 7:33 am
Especially if one of the dresses has a sash, it would be much easier (and much cheaper) to ask someone with even limited sewing skills to replace the sash with one of the kallah's color choice.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 8:21 am
Ebay has alot of different stores with different style dresses in a whole host of colors. We had all nieces match in a certain dress for my sis wedding in the wedding color and each girl chose a sash in the color of her choice. The dresses were under 30$
This one doesnt have a sash but it is an example. There are tons of other sellershttp://m.ebay.com/itm/261729294042?nav=SEARCH

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 12:27 pm
I started a thread to try to help you. http://www.imamother.com/forum.....70401

obsesseddancer

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 6:59 pm
We found cheap dresses that need the tops rebuilt, went to a seamstress today and have yet to find out what she will charge us, but we are stuck, because my older daugher is going back to Israel tomorrow and we needed someone fast. And my paypal is now completely drained due to Pesach expenses and various wedding expenses, and we're not done yet. If anyone can help us out with paypal at obsesseddancer@aol.com, it would be very much appreciated.

On a more serious note, we are in severe need of more and higher intensity prayers this week. We have all been davening for so long for Kayla Rus that it has become automatic, by rote, kind of like how davening in general sometimes gets when we are busy and distracted. Kayla Rus is doing very badly at the moment, and she is scheduled for surgery this Thursday to insert stents into her liver to drain the bile ducts that are blocked by her growing tumor. She cannot get any further treatment until her bilirubin is under control, and with the time we wasted on Pesach not being able to do anything, I am afraid the cancer may spread. We need miracles now. I have never seen her doctor so scared or solemn as she was this morning. I am not doing so great myself.

be good

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 7:13 pm
I wish I knew the words to say to give you chizzuk right now. I am davening for Kayla Rus, and although I don't have much extra myself, will try to help with the paypal account.

Many hugs! Refuah sheleima bikarov!!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 7:15 pm
Davening for a refuah shalaima for Kayla Rus Bas Chaya Rochel!

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 7:31 pm
This, in the color "Pool" in matte jersey (they give a choice of fabric). "Pool" is a blue that I would call periwinkle.

I would ask for a matching shawl, give approximate dimensions needed, and they will make it for you from the same fabric, perhaps. It is being made custom anyway.

obsesseddancer

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 7:42 pm
I do not see a link with this, what is the dress in the color "pool?" We do not really have time to order anything online anymore. Wedding is May 7, I"YH.

mandr

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 8:46 pm
I say the heck with matching colors. People get married just fine without a slew of matching family members. Really! You clearly don't need the added stress right now - I'd just forget it if I were you. You can make the chosson and kallah so happy in so many other ways that are easier for you than dress-hunting. Honestly, it boggles me when people get hung up about utter nonsense when other stuff matter more.

I may have a silvery-purply-greenish shimmery dress (it looks different in different lighting, it's scary!) in about size 6 - will find out if my mother got rid of yet or not (it's brand new).

boysrus

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 9:30 pm
thanks for the update obsesseddancer. sending lots of hugs your way. I think of you almost every day, and daven for Kayla Rus. I will put more kavanah into my tefillos. I hope the surgery goes smoothly and is successful. yeshuas Hashem k'heref ayin. Hashem can and does perform miracles.
hatzlacha with the wedding preps. I look forward to hearing only good news from you and your family from now and forever.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 10:30 pm
Hug
I hope you can just take it day by day
wishing her a big refuah shelayma

nywife

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 5:04 am
I second what Mandr said, don't stress yourself out about finding matching gowns. You have too much going on now to make yourself crazy about this.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 5:15 am
nywife wrote:
I second what Mandr said, don't stress yourself out about finding matching gowns. You have too much going on now to make yourself crazy about this.

I definitely agree with these sentiments, but she said that they've all been to the seamstress already. The searching, etc.'s been done! B"H!
I hope you'll all be wearing your dresses, however they come out (surely beyootifully) with simcha and menuchas hanefesh. I know I'm not alone in having been thinking of you and appreciating the update.

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 5:18 am
Thank you for the prayers. As for the matching gowns, it is not the chosson and kallah who insist but my girls, they want the pictures to look nice, it is part of their coping mechanism, what they are hanging onto, maybe because they will need these memories captured in the pictures and they want them perfect,

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 5:21 am
I still do need a gown for my nine year old, size 8-10.

Culturedpearls

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 5:22 am
I beg to differ. I think it's important for obsessedancer to have everyone looking perfect and matching. When dealing with a situation outside of your control these "little" superficial things can make a big difference to the simcha everyone will feel.
It also helps everyone focus on the simcha.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 14 2015, 5:30 am
Culturedpearls wrote:
I beg to differ. I think it's important for obsessedancer to have everyone looking perfect and matching. When dealing with a situation outside of your control these "little" superficial things can make a big difference to the simcha everyone will feel.
It also helps everyone focus on the simcha.

I agree. Maybe perfect's not necessary but I wouldn't regret any energy spent so far. Now, how much to spend in the future, especially for the younger dress, is another story. I think she - and all the girls - are mature enough to accept that as long as it's the same quality gown, even if not a matching color, it'll be just fine. Even families without these pressures don't always find the perfect gown for everyone, and find perspective fairly soon.
Page 19 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 18  19  20 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed