Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Overnight potato kugel for shabbos lunch?

mommyhood

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:37 am
Has anyone made overnight kugel and left it in a low oven from before shabbos until lunch? Would that be too long in the oven. Also how long would I bake it for before shabbos

ez-pass

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:59 am
I do it every week. I pour a cup of water on it and closet tightly. I put on 225 from before she till shabbos lunch.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 12:39 pm
ez-pass wrote:
I do it every week. I pour a cup of water on it and closet tightly. I put on 225 from before she till shabbos lunch.

Do you cook it at a higher temp first before shabbos?

ez-pass

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 2:02 pm
I cook it completely before shabbos. And then put back in the oven before shabbos. Can even use a frozen kugel

ludicrous

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 5:10 pm
I dont' have any experience with overnight potato kugel in the oven specifically, but I make overnight potato kugel for Shabbos using the recipe from Fresh and Easy Cookbook, and I freeze it in portions and put it on the blech for Shabbos.
It is delicious
I wouldn't make potato kugel any other way!

gmgv

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 6:20 pm
I know you specifically asked about the oven, but if you're looking for other ways to have overnight kugel...I put my kugel in the cholent (I lay it down on a piece of silver foil so it doesn't get lost and fall apart in cholent, but not wrapped so it absorbes taste). It comes out delicious

sky

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 8:37 pm
I do this often on yom tov. Put it up in the evening and we eat it the next day. It is delish.

(I think last time I made a yapchik recipe but without the meat, I have to dig up my recipe before Pesach)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics