Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Leftover FROZEN challah

yaeli83

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:09 pm
I know there are a lot of topics on what people do with leftover challah, but I have a bunch of frozen challah's, that have probably been in the freezer too long, and I want to do something with them before pesach, other then toss them. Im not sure if they are freezer burnt. I have enough newer challah's to use for the shabbos seudah's, so thats not an issue.

Any ideas? Can I salvage them?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:19 pm
Challah kugel - sweet or savory.
Bread crumbs.
French toast.
Strata.

And at the end of it all, you'll burn a little and have some very well fed neighborhood birds. And you won't be the only one Wink

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:24 pm
Bread crumbs, ice cream sandwiches, trifle, bread pudding.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:29 pm
P.S. re the birds: DON'T feed them too close to Pesach, in case there's still bread left on your property. Once you give up on the challah, feed the birds and if necessary save some for bedikas/biur chametz.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 10:58 pm
bread pudding is the best - if made right [I got a recipe somewhere in this periwinkle screen]

you can also make garlic bread to go with anything ... roast a head of garlic in it's skin ... squeeze onto challah with olive oil - spread & toast
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads