Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Crecid card fraud with mail order form Israel

Lilibet

Post Fri, Mar 20 2015, 9:47 am
I just had to replace a credit card, after the bank picked up fraudulent charges. Shortly after I ordered a really lovely mezuzah case mail order from a website Israel.

Last month dh ordered a collectible item from a (known, honest) Israeli dealer. But dh (stupidly, my dh isn't stupid, just, he did a stupid thing in haste) sent the cc # to the dealer by email.

Is Israel a particular center of cc fraud?

I had only one other experience of this sort. We left a rental car in a car park to hike into a nature preserve in the northern Negev when the spring wildflowers were blooming. There were Bedouin in the nature reserve. Got back to the car to find we had been robbed, and realized that a wallet with credit cards was missing (like I said, sometimes we all do stupid things) Immediately contracted CC company and they saw that while we were hiking through the wildflowers, our cc card had been used to run up a series of large charges at nearby Bedouin gas stations and stores. It was memorable. But this is different.

Has anyone else had a cc # stolen after ordering via an Israeli webstore?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics