Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Parve dip with Oven/Sun Dried tomatos

Shendellah

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 11:09 am
This is the deal... I have a variety of open boxes of crackers that I want to use (you know Pesach is coming up and its chametz!) Anyways, I am having people over for Shabbos so I was thinking of making a cracker display with a variety of dips for the fish course. I know I am going to serve chopped herring but I was thinking of making other dips. I have a jar of oven dried tomatos that I love to use in pasta but I think it would make a good base for a dip. Every sun dried tomato dip recipe online is dairy. I know how to make the oven dried tomatos into a delicious pesto... maybe add mayo for a dip? (but I am not sure that will turn out good) Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 11:46 am
Shendellah wrote:
This is the deal... I have a variety of open boxes of crackers that I want to use (you know Pesach is coming up and its chametz!) Anyways, I am having people over for Shabbos so I was thinking of making a cracker display with a variety of dips for the fish course. I know I am going to serve chopped herring but I was thinking of making other dips. I have a jar of oven dried tomatos that I love to use in pasta but I think it would make a good base for a dip. Every sun dried tomato dip recipe online is dairy. I know how to make the oven dried tomatos into a delicious pesto... maybe add mayo for a dip? (but I am not sure that will turn out good) Any ideas?

I find pesto to make a great dip. Go for it. Th olive oil is enough. No need for mayo.

Shendellah

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 12:24 pm
Thank you! Maybe I will just make a pesto! I can even go really fancy and put cracker-> sliced cucumber-> pesto

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:15 pm
I would go for some tofutti dairy replacement ... otherwise olive oil - is better than mayo

use fresh garlic and send it through the food processor and voila

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:35 pm
I usually just put the tomatoes, garlic, a bit of salt and evoo into the food processor. You could add some tarragon or basil, even flat leaf parsley.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:41 pm
some cilantro and hot cayenne pepper would also be yumm

Shendellah

Post Fri, Mar 20 2015, 8:54 am
Thank you for the suggestions- I put the oven dried tomatos in its own oil, garlic, and basil through the food processor and its pretty good! Hopefully it helps get some crackers eaten Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics