Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Price of making a wedding in NY?

belolah

Post Fri, Mar 20 2015, 6:33 pm
A relative of mine is thinking of making a wedding in New York (one side is from overseas). I'm sure there is a wide range but could you give me an idea of how much a plate at an average wedding there might cost?

doctorima

Post Sat, Mar 21 2015, 10:11 pm
Do you know what hall or venue they're making it in? That would make a big difference regarding the approximate cost per person.

belolah

Post Sat, Mar 21 2015, 10:25 pm
They haven't looked anywhere yet. They're trying to decide if it's feasible at all. What are the options?

abby1776

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 1:04 am
Places like Monsey or Lakewood have more affordable options. Place like Manhatten have less affordable options. What is their budget then maybe people can give some examples

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 8:07 am
I got married in November and the places I looked into ranged from $25-$55 a plate in Brooklyn and Far Rockaway.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 2:06 pm
There is a huge range within NY. I would imagine some cities such as Monsey, 5 towns, would be cheaper than Brooklyn.
The cost can very from tzedakah wedding to super fancy costing a small fortune.
The price depends on type of hall, type of menu, how many guests, I don't think anyone outside of a catering company/ party planner can give a more educated estimate.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 5:27 pm
You also have to take into account that a lot of places have a minimum. So they might quote you a price per plate that sounds amazing, but then they tell you they have 300 person minimum (which may be difficult to fill if one side is overseas).

tweety1

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 7:54 pm
I'm sure by now she already made the decision.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 8:39 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I got married in November and the places I looked into ranged from $25-$55 a plate in Brooklyn and Far Rockaway.

Which halls were on the cheaper end and which on the more expensive side in that range?

nicole81

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:
Which halls were on the cheaper end and which on the more expensive side in that range?

sasson v'simcha was $25 with a smaller minimum (are they even around anymore??) and young israel of ave k started at $35 pp. the more expensive places I looked into were the white shul and ohr torah (a shul in the 5t). renaissance ballroom was $70 a couple with a 100 couple minimum if you're look for a bigger place.

nicole81

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 9:24 pm
Lol @ the hug. Yes, getting remarried is truly a sad thing. Please, shower me with your sympathy.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 10:05 pm
nicole81 wrote:
sasson v'simcha was $25 with a smaller minimum (are they even around anymore??) and young israel of ave k started at $35 pp. the more expensive places I looked into were the white shul and ohr torah (a shul in the 5t). renaissance ballroom was $70 a couple with a 100 couple minimum if you're look for a bigger place.

thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics