Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Trouble with solids

solo

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 7:11 am
I nursed ds until 6 months. Then switched to similac. After 2 weeks of taking a bottle without incident I introduced solids. Beech nut stages jars. Ds seems to like them. He sucks it off the spoon. I tried homemade soft food. Like mashed banana roasted sweet potato butternut squash. Ds didn't like it. Seemed to have a hard time swallowing it. The I introduced Cheerios. He gaged the first time. Didn't really try to chew it. He has 2 teeth. I discontinued. Ds is now 7.5 months and spitting up often. This never happened with nursing or bottle. Is something wrong?

chani8

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 7:15 am
Regarding the spitting up, could it be that you are simply overfeeding with the bottle? How much bottle does he take?

He is still young regarding solids. Many babies are closer to 1 before they eat nicely.

mandr

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 5:16 pm
Agree with PP. 7.5 mos is very young to start with solid, solid foods. I didn't introduce purees until about 7-8 months. Solids came later. There is no rush. People think it's advantageous to start early but it isn't really. Only for allergenic foods, but that's a different story.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics