Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Hows the "Gourmet Grade" Food Processor that Buzz
Previous  1  2

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 10:01 am
I hope it works even better than it looks!

I don't need a food processor (I replaced my Pesach Cuisinart last year with another Cuisinart -- it made it through 28 Pesachs!) but I do kitchen design and space planning professionally and would love to hear a review.

bnm

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:31 pm
waiting to hear an update. I got the Braun as a tnoyim present, no complaints but am planning on buying something for pesach eventually.

anonymom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 7:17 am
Is the kugel blade the round disc with holes that shreds, or the s shaped blade that goes in the bottom of the bowl? Can you put a whole potato in with the s shaped blade, or do you have to chop it up. I'm asking about the gg because I just ordered it for $99.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 8:50 am
The kugel blade is the the round shaped disk and supposedly you can put whole potatoes in the GG.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Mar 22 2013, 6:25 pm
So I finally got to use it today.

LOVE IT!

It has 14 speeds and then a pulse and another button called ice which is for crushing ices etc but I used it to beat my eggs for egg lokshen and it took about 30seconds literally.

I accidentally used the shredding blade for kugel so that came a bit weird but my husband then showed me the kugel blade so next time I will use that.

There are two cons I can think of
1: The grated potato can get caught in the tiny edge between the edge of the bowl and the 'feeding tube' inside and it can be hard to get it out so when washing my dh used a knife to push it out.
2: If you use the wider hole for potatoes (which I did and it saves so much time than having to cut the potatoes to size!) it has a safety lock so the machine doesn't start without it being pushed a certain amount in. So I had to put in a couple/3 potatoes then push it in and switch it on. What I ended up doing is leaving it on the speed I wanted and then when I pulled out the tube it went off and when I pushed it back in with potatoes it went back on.

Two negatives which are not even worth the rest. It is not heavy, sticks to the side, LOOKS nice, its efficient and all round perfect.

So happy I went for this one!

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Mar 23 2013, 8:39 pm
My mother bought it and loves it.
She said it's super quick due to the strong motor.
She also bought one for year-round.
I guess I'll see how it hold up in the next year, if she's happy with it, this will be my next year's Pesach purchase.

gggo

Post Sat, Mar 23 2013, 8:56 pm
bought it & used it on Friday for kugel.

grated 5 potatoes in seconds with the kugel blade.

con- there were some largish end pieces which fell over the blade & into the mix. I fished most of them out but my kids still complained. I told them - tough get used to this as it is so much simpler than grating by hand.

We did love the consistency of the kugel blade. it was smoother than a food processor

sheindl

Post Sat, Mar 23 2013, 11:41 pm
I am interested in hearing if anyone bought the Gourmet Grade MIXER. Thinking of getting one for during the year, as it's much cheaper than a KitchenAid.

ytrus

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 8:04 am
I bought the buzz food processor for last pesach. If you're used to a Braun stick with a Braun. Nothing comes close to its performance.
I specifically waited many months to comment. I was miserable last pesach and my review would've reflected that. I don't have the heart to be so negative. In fact, I'm selling my processor for $50, used 3 times on pesach, non-gebroks, if anyone is interested.

chayie1

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 1:52 pm
this is an EXCELLENT food processor!
I have it for almost two years and really love it.

I make 3 large size potato kugels (and lots of other food too!) each week using this, and it's great.
It makes kugels like hand-grated ones!
Only issue is that there's some space between the lid and the blade, so some pieces don't get chopped up completely, but I just take them out and cut them with a knife!

I bought one for my sister and one for my sister in law (each of whom do lots of cooking) and they both love it.

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 2:10 pm
An old thread, I realize, but this is the time of year when lots of us are buying new food processors.

I bought one last year for Pesach, and I loved it! In fact, I loved it so much that I didn't put it away, but kept it as my main food processor.

So with Pesach approaching, I now needed a Pesachdik food processor. I ordered the same one!

It has a number of different blades and a juicer. I happen to use the S-shaped blade for kugel, but that's just a personal preference. You can feed whole potatoes into it and easily make 2-3 kugels at a time.

Absolutely no problem if you live "OOT" -- just call them and have it shipped.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars