Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pavlic Harness. sleeping on tummy?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 12:36 pm
I find that babies sleep much better in their tummy. I was wary of putting dc on tummy w pavlic harness asks put pressure (I'm not sure it does but was afraid) on dc hip/upper thigh.
Dh (didn't know I only put baby on back) put Baby on tummy last night and bh Baby slept and fit once actually let us SLEEEEEEP. Of course I didn't know HOW he got dc to sleep. Only saw when I woke for next feeding.

Do my question is, Baby has congenital hip dysplasia and is wearing a pavlic harness. Is it ok to put dc on tummy? Or will it be damaging?

(Please keep your comments, about if it's ok or not for babies to sleep on their tummy, to yourself. Thanks)

kollel wife

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 1:36 pm
Can you discuss with your pediatrician? Would he be open to allowing babies to sleep on their stomach - I know one of my pediatrician's once said to me - I'm just glad I raised my children before they discovered sleeping on the back in the safest.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 2:05 pm
kollel wife wrote:
Can you discuss with your pediatrician? Would he be open to allowing babies to sleep on their stomach - I know one of my pediatrician's once said to me - I'm just glad I raised my children before they discovered sleeping on the back in the safest.

Thanks for taking your time to reply.

As I wrote in my op, I am not interested in posts regarding if it's ok to put baby on stomach or not.
I'm looking for anyone w experience with congenital hip dysplasia and pavlic harness. I do have an appointment with the pediatric orthopedics doc on Thursday. But till then....

Any experienced mothers?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 12:19 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics