Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Good stopping point on PA TP between Lakewood & Cleveland
Previous  1  2

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 7:52 pm
sky wrote:
This isn't for now. but if they do the drive ever in the summer I've heard of people stopping her. (its not open now).

http://www.knoebels.com/

Its a religious park so I was told that visitors dress very decently even in the summer.

I appreciate the info, but this drive will most likely be a once-in-a-lifetime one for this family.

Hopefully someone else is looking though and can benefit from the link.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 8:38 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Thanks so much! I'll pass the info on. In the past was it only on 1 day or more than 1? And who sponsors it?

last year all proceeds went to matan b'sayser

they also only did it for one day ... but as I recall the first seder was monday night - so almost everyone was traveling that sunday

maybe they'll post more information soon so you have a better idea if it's feasible

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:43 pm
Just FTR as someone who has done the trip across PA both ways, in the summer time it doesnt make as much of a difference and technically I-80 is more direct, but in the winter time I-80 has worse weather and is more mountainy and PennDOT takes better care of the turnpike and the reststops on the turnpike all have bathrooms--but the rest stops can be far apart from each other. Also this isn't quite half-way, but Grove City, PA has outlet malls if that's your kind of thing. If you do take the turnpike, which is more interesting b/c of the tunnels, there's a little gem off of I-81 that often by the time you see it, you've missed the exit and it closes at 5pm, but it's called Roadside America and it's a HUGE miniature train exhibit it's not too expensive. I will warn those who go that during the "nighttime show" there's a little part that gets "religious" but it's fairly wholesome overall.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:55 pm
if you like outlets there's one in tannersville PA - exit 299 of I-80 ... The Crossings it's not far from the highway with an easy-on access to continue west

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 2:27 am
sky wrote:
This isn't for now. but if they do the drive ever in the summer I've heard of people stopping her. (its not open now).

http://www.knoebels.com/

Its a religious park so I was told that visitors dress very decently even in the summer.

knoebels is NOT a religious park. Its just very family oriented and has a dress code-in all areas except the swimming area. We just checked tonite and its not open for chol hamoed. I do reccommend the place though. Its very affordable, kid friendly, and fun. We try to go every summer.

Sara89

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 6:48 am
Green fire- They're doing the bbq again - thurs 2-9 exit 173
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics