Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Asking for $ we laid out...

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 9:47 pm
We just came into the states from Israel for the chag and my in-laws told us when we were looking into tickets months ago that they'll generously pay for the tickets. I wanted to lay out the money so that it would be on our credit card so that we'd have some sort of travel protection.

We got in to America and it seems like they've forgotten about it totally. We are financially strapped right now and took that money out of savings. My husband refuses to remind them about it and I obviously feel like an idiot doing that to my IL's.

WWYD?

(please no bashing)

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:05 pm
If you need the $ you need it
Simple

If you don't you don't
What's the ?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:52 pm
The DH needs more encouragement, then. This should not be on you. If the problem is that he feels his parents are overwhelmed with yomtov preparations and he doesn't want to stress them out, I think for the sake of shalom you can let it wait until after yomtov. But he must do it.

"Dad, it was so nice of you to bring us in for yomtov. We loved spending time with you. By the way, we paid $xxxx for the tickets. Do you want the receipt to hold on to?"

Or maybe you can print out your receipt and leave it on FIL's desk or somewhere it will probably be seen and signal a subtle reminder. If that doesn't work, THEN he has to have the talk.

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 10:56 pm
Good idea, Seeker.

Alternatively, put the receipt with a note thanking them for their generosity; without their offer you never would have been able to afford to join them for yt, lots of love, HappyCouple.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 11:03 pm
they offered the tickets because they genuinely want you here ... that means they want to take care of it ... tell them how you paid & how much the tickets were & then ask them how and/or when they wish to take care of transferring the monies

& of course thank them

they're probably just hectic - like everybody else
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics