Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
German Airbus with 148 Aboard Crashes in French Alps

Sanguine

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:02 am
German Airbus with 148 Aboard Crashes in French Alps

Germanwings Airbus A320 airliner has crashed in the French Alps between Barcelonnette and Digne.

Germanwings Airbus A320 airliner has crashed in the French Alps between Barcelonnette and Digne, French aviation officials and police have said. The BBC reported that the jet belongs to the German low-cost airline Germanwings, a subsidiary of Lufthansa.

The plane had reportedly been en route from Barcelona to Dusseldorf and was carrying 142 passengers and six crew. Both Airbus and Germanwings have said they aware of the reports but cannot yet confirm them.

The local La Provence newspaper said the Airbus A320 was carrying 142 passengers, two pilots and four cabin crew.

French President Francois Hollande has said no survivors are expected after the crash: "The conditions of the accident, which have not yet been clarified, lead us to think there are no survivors," he stated, adding that there was likely to be a significant number of German victims, and that the accident happened "in a zone that is particularly hard to access."

myself

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 10:17 am
What is the world coming to???

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 11:13 am
there have been a few recently.
I think that there is something "they" are not telling the public.

etky

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 11:58 am
Such a terrible thing. Again. Sad
Meanwhile we still don't really know what happened to the first Malaysian plane or to the Air Asia plane. I though they had found the black boxes from that crash, no? Nothing further has been released about it AFAIK.
I don't think though that there is any relationship bt. these crashes at all. In fact, given the proliferation of more and more flights every year, air travel safety has just been increasing and not decreasing.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 12:15 pm
So terrible. What more is there to say?

chatz

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 1:17 pm
Just so crazy... completely crazy

yaeli83

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 5:26 pm
There was an Israeli passenger, 39 year old Ilan Baum. BDE Sad

myself

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 5:34 pm
yaeli83 wrote:
There was an Israeli passenger, 39 year old Ilan Baum. BDE Sad

Crying Crying BDE.

morah

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 9:58 am
The plot thickens: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03.....;_r=0

It seems the co-pilot intentionally crashed it. They are as yet unsure why- no discernible terrorist links, possibly simple suicide, who knows. I can't even begin to express the rage that someone would do this, to other people, to CHILDREN and BABIES (there were 16 high school students coming back from a program and 2 infants). Special place in gehennom for this piece of scum.

Barbara

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:07 am
morah wrote:
The plot thickens: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03.....;_r=0

It seems the co-pilot intentionally crashed it. They are as yet unsure why- no discernible terrorist links, possibly simple suicide, who knows. I can't even begin to express the rage that someone would do this, to other people, to CHILDREN and BABIES (there were 16 high school students coming back from a program and 2 infants). Special place in gehennom for this piece of scum.

I'm not conspiracy theorist, but there are similarities to the Malaysian Air disappearance. The last communication from Malaysia Air was from the co-pilot. Not unusual, of course, but still notable. And what appears to be a controlled descent in each case. I wonder if there's any calendar on which March 4, 2014 and March 21, 2015 (or whatever the actual dates) are the same date.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:18 am
most likely explanation is that he was suffering from some type of mental illness or delusion.

It can't be a heart attack or other physical illness since he actively placed the plane into descent.

Why couldn't the pilot open the door? there is a procedure for that, but maybe he forgot it?

morah

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:25 am
Barbara- There were obviously fishy things going on in both instances, but I can't imagine there could be any link between the two (unless this was a "copycat"? But we never for sure figured out what the deal was with the Malaysian flight).
Raisin- according to the article, there is an override to get back in, but the co-pilot overrode the override.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:33 am
If someone outside the cockpit suspects the pilot is incapacitated, that person would normally first try to establish contact via the intercom or by activating a buzzer. If those efforts were unsuccessful, the video shows, a crew member outside the cockpit would need to enter an emergency code on the keypad.

The code activates a loud buzzer and flashing light on the cockpit control panel, and it sets off a timer that unlocks the door 30 seconds later. The person outside has five seconds to enter before the door locks again.

grace413

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:22 am
From cnn.com:

Geoffrey Thomas, editor-in-chief and managing director of airlineratings.com, said the cockpit door has three positions -- locked, normal and unlocked. Locking the door prevents a pilot from using a keypad and emergency code to get in.

Just when I think I can't be shocked by anything......

rosehill

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 12:46 pm
Barbara wrote:
I'm not conspiracy theorist, but there are similarities to the Malaysian Air disappearance. The last communication from Malaysia Air was from the co-pilot. Not unusual, of course, but still notable. And what appears to be a controlled descent in each case. I wonder if there's any calendar on which March 4, 2014 and March 21, 2015 (or whatever the actual dates) are the same date.

Similar to the Egyptair Flight 990 in 1999 as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics