Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hardest part
1  2  Next

Shani88

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 1:28 pm
What is the hardest part about Pesach cleaning for you?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 1:33 pm
The kitchen- not the cabinets but the other stuff- oven, fridge, moving away the stuff...

black sheep

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 1:57 pm
Pesach I don't mind, it is the cleaning that is the hardest part.

myself

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 2:02 pm
In previous years I changed over later and found the last two days before bedikas chometz the hardest as it was non-stop work. Covering everything, washing all floors, changing all bedlinen... but it's looking better this year b'h as we are turning over earlier so it's done in stages.

Bsimcha

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 2:09 pm
I think this year we'll be later than usual. I try to avoid the panic at the end, circumstances make it difficult this year.

Hardest Part is logistics for me, planning all the 1000 things needed to get done. Hard to stay organized and focused while working and everyday family chaos and needs.
People need food and clean clothes no matter what else is going on.

chouli

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 3:28 pm
The hardest part is getting started. I rather relax some more. Wink

granolamom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:59 pm
I dont mind the cleaning. the hardest part for me is the clothes shopping, making sure everyone has all the shabbos clothes/shoes that they need. I'm just not good at it.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 5:07 pm
I like the cleaning before pesach. But then once we start getting all the pesach food and everything the house gets so messy. Sad

anonymom

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 8:15 pm
Having to feed everyone during the process has always been the hardest for me. But this year I took it on as a fun challenge. Right after Purim I took inventory of the freezer and planned what we could use up with minimal cooking. The last week when I was cooking Pesachdik already we had whatever I cooked for dinner that night. I managed with no takeout whatsoever (except the big kids who snuck out for lunch) I will make up for it after Pesach when I am sick of cooking and being in the kitchen.

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 8:39 pm
its so sad for me to say this but I actually resent the whole pesach preps. it puts so much pressure, I dont know if hashem wants me to resent it. it puts so much stress in so many areas, even between me and dh it can get tough, okay so this year I moved it made it harder in some ways. but still I always wish mashiach comes and get rid of all of it as I hate it. maybe I am thinking wrong I never enjoyed working this hard. I mean normal cleaning but I cant handle it. it makes me so sad. even though I will calm down after eth is done I still really hate it. theres no cutting it. I just hope hashem rewards me nice and big time for all my sacrifice. I am sure he will thats what I am hanging onto. a light at the end of the tunnel.

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 9:39 pm
sourstix wrote:
its so sad for me to say this but I actually resent the whole pesach preps. it puts so much pressure, I dont know if hashem wants me to resent it. it puts so much stress in so many areas, even between me and dh it can get tough, okay so this year I moved it made it harder in some ways. but still I always wish mashiach comes and get rid of all of it as I hate it. maybe I am thinking wrong I never enjoyed working this hard. I mean normal cleaning but I cant handle it. it makes me so sad. even though I will calm down after eth is done I still really hate it. theres no cutting it. I just hope hashem rewards me nice and big time for all my sacrifice. I am sure he will thats what I am hanging onto. a light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you tried to pare down the cleaning to just the basics and most important parts?
My mother freaks out that I don't empty all the kitchen cabinets and rewash all the clean dishes and pots, but it just doesn't make sense to me that it needs to be done. Ditto for many more such little things. Eliminating all that gives you more time and energy to focus on the important things.
I hope it gets easier for you.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 10:14 pm
I wish I could post as myself here.

I can't stand this holiday. I have tried to embrace it, enjoy it, savor it. I love all the other YTs, I love to cook and entertain and be with our amazing family. But if I never saw Passover again I'd be fine. Sad

ROFL

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 10:20 pm
The frustration and disappointment that happens when others are supposed to do certain jobs and then don't follow thru or do a lousy job. I would rather them not help me than disappoint me I always have to remember not to have any expectations then I would not be disappointed.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 10:43 pm
Right now the hardest part is that I'm at work and not home with dh for bedika. Tomorrow will be traveling after night shift. After that should be easier.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 10:43 pm
Most years, Pesach is a time when the stress of cleaning & cooking, the stress of taxes looming April 15, and the stress of many family members, politics and all, under one small roof, means that I have to see my parents and siblings at their worst. The worst of my family's quirks, dysfunction, and dirty laundry get exposed on Pesach.
That's the hardest, most painful part for me.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 10:46 pm
Shani88 wrote:
What is the hardest part about Pesach cleaning for you?

My husband.....second guessing and questioning everything. Telling me I'm not a rabbi and he didn't marry a rabbi....

sneakermom

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:49 pm
The hardest part is pulling it all together.

Like I have it planned in my head but to get it off the ground and done, finished - and tied up in a neat bow is very hard.

And there is ALWAYS fragments and loose ends that don't get done.

This year it's my sheital, linen in my room, Pesach makeup, and a cardigan for one of my daughters yom Tov clothes that did not get done.

BH tons of stuff WERE accomplished. And the list is longer than long.

So I make peace with loose ends. And I ask Hashem to make me calm and relaxed with my family.

Wishing all of klall yisroel a Freillichen kosherin Pesach!!

rosenbal

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:52 pm
sneakermom wrote:
The hardest part is pulling it all together.

Like I have it planned in my head but to get it off the ground and done, finished - and tied up in a neat bow is very hard.

And there is ALWAYS fragments and loose ends that don't get done.

This year it's my sheital, linen in my room, Pesach makeup, and a cardigan for one of my daughters yom Tov clothes that did not get done.

BH tons of stuff WERE accomplished. And the list is longer than long.

So I make peace with loose ends. And I ask Hashem to make me calm and relaxed with my family.

Wishing all of klall yisroel a Freillichen kosherin Pesach!!

You said it so well. This is often my experience. It's so nice to have all loose ends on the loooong list all done. But, pesach will come and go without all those things happening and will be just fine and in fact will he great, as long as our attitudes don't get in the way!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Apr 03 2015, 12:02 am
Hardest part is that I'm about to have a panic attack right now. Sad

Dealing with health and anxiety issues lately. I'm under treatment for it and have been doing overall really well lately, but about to a serious breakdown now.

Laying down now, taking my imamother break. And will go to bed.

Ashrei

Post Fri, Apr 03 2015, 12:08 am
I'm with the Pesach haters here.

There is zilcho that I like about this yontif. All it is is work. Whatever is supposed to be the message here? just gets drowned under work. I have really come to resent it and everyone surrounding it.

I have ONE epiphany to share though. While I was working I thanked Hashem that I was doing THIS instead of back breaking labor in mitzrayim, and that I was cleaning up after my children who were alive, not babies born in mud to die, or thrown in the river to drown, or worked to death, or put in a brick...

So it could be worse.

It still stinks though. Nothing short of an awesome Pesach Hotel will fix that.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics