Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Can a van be ds first car?

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 12:36 am
Dh thinks it's too dangerous to drive a van as a first car. I see a lot of teens driving vans. What do you think?

slushiemom

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 1:17 am
It was my first car! I got my parent's dodge caravan when they bought a new one, when I was in HS. A lot of my friends actually drove vans that year for that reason. He'll get used to driving a bigger car very quickly. Lots of great memories in that car... Smile

m in Israel

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 4:20 am
Do you mean a real van or a mini-van? A mini-van should be fine -- I learned to drive on our family mini-van as did many of my friends.

If you are talking about a full sized van, especially if it with a closed back I would be nervous.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 6:46 am
m in Israel wrote:
Do you mean a real van or a mini-van? A mini-van should be fine -- I learned to drive on our family mini-van as did many of my friends.

If you are talking about a full sized van, especially if it with a closed back I would be nervous.

Op here
I mean a minivan. Ds never drove one. He has his license. Does he need some time to get used to driving a Ben with somebody bedside him?

lizard8

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 6:59 am
I took my drivers test in a minivan, because my parents other car's headlight was out. It took me a few tries to parallel park with it, because I wasn't use to the size, but I passed. Once I had my license, I mostly drove the minivan.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 7:06 am
my daughter learned to drive with my minivan / the dxh taught her in a stick shift / the instructor's tiny car [forget the name] / in the snow - up hills at 15 1/2

so it's all about the kid about the kid ~

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 7:24 am
Many of my kids drove my van (full sized 15 passenger one) as soon as they got their licenses (including girls not quite 5' tall). They learned to do so quite well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children