Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Prices on kids clothing in Jewish stores

cool_mama

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:23 pm
I have a question: can someone please tell me why for heavens sake a skirt for my four year old dd has to cost $44??? I think the prices for kids clothing in the Jewish stores are way to high. I didnt buy skirts in the Jewish stores till now because I didn't need to but I don't have a choice now. She is going into school and cannot wear mini mini skirts anymore!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:40 pm
cool_mama wrote:
I have a question: can someone please tell me why for heavens sake a skirt for my four year old dd has to cost $44??? I think the prices for kids clothing in the Jewish stores are way to high. I didnt buy skirts in the Jewish stores till now because I didn't need to but I don't have a choice now. She is going into school and cannot wear mini mini skirts anymore!
Where are you located?

cool_mama

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 1:00 am
[quote="ra_mom"]Where are you located?[/quote

In lakewood but even in Brooklyn it's expensive

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 1:21 am
cool_mama wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Where are you located?

In lakewood but even in Brooklyn it's expensive

There's a Jewish store in Brooklyn where you can buy girls skirts for $15-20

questioner

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:28 am
Try Fashion Wholesalers, I saw plenty of skirts for $20 or so.

momX4

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:37 am
Try carters or gap and see if they have dressy skirts.

imaima

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:40 am
cool_mama wrote:

Well look for longer skirts in regular stores! Noone makes you buy in jewish stores! You can buy one year older with adjustable waist, so they would cover her knee.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:42 am
Totally agree op

lfab

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:43 am
cool_mama wrote:

There is absolutely no reason other than that people are willing to pay that much. If everyone refused to pay those prices then the stores would be forced to lower them. In any case there's no reason you need to shop in jewish stores to get below the knee skirts. Unless your daughter is really tall for her age you should be able to find skirts in plenty of the non-jewish stores. It may take more effort on your part and you have to shop around but definitely doable. Another option, if you're not looking specifically for high quality stuff you can try basic colors, their kids skirts are usually around $10 I believe. Another option isbuying skirts at non-jewish stores and then having a seamstress add fabric at the bottom to lengthen it. You can do a coordinating material and do a color block (which seems to be in style) or tiered look.If you shop the clearance racks you can get skirts for under $5 so after accounting for fabric and seamstress costs still significantly cheaper than jewish stores.
If you're not averse to buying used clothes you can check out Deja New (since you said you are in Lakewood). I have gotten my girls phenomenal stuff there. Clothes are in excellent condition and cost only a few dollars per item. I have gotten many items from brands that are sold in jewish stores, but note that they may be from a few seasons ago (if you care about that).

runninglate

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 12:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
There's a Jewish store in Brooklyn where you can buy girls skirts for $15-20
Which one?

mommyla

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 12:42 pm
There's a "pop-up" store near Center of Town on 2nd Street that has very cute and very well-priced clothes. Check it out, I forgot what it's called but I found a cute outfit for my DD for $12 total!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 2:42 pm
runninglate wrote:
Which one?

I don't know the name but it's on 44 & 13 and I always find skirts for my nieces there.

Laughing Bag!

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 4:19 pm
Designer spot on 13/38-39 also has skirts for 18-20$
at 4 years old I still got from the regular stores, I tried looking for longer ones or a size up and adjusted the waist. Our if you can see it might be worth getting a piece of fabric and see it up skirts are very basic, easy and quick.

tweety1

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 4:28 pm
Designers spot 13/38, corn 44/13, and peretz 13/42
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics