Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Medicaid-Rav

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 9:44 am
My sister is a rav and not being paid very well recently. They really need medicaid and food stamps and live in Brooklyn. The lady who helps enroll, told my sister not to say that her husband is employed as a rav or "you'll get the whole Brooklyn in trouble" I'm not sure what this means and why she should or shouldn't. Can someone help with this, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 9:45 am
Just saw my typo, she is married to a rav lol.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 10:36 am
why don't you ask this person what she meant - that's the best way to get an answer ... any of us here would just be second guessing

ROFL

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 10:41 am
I think you have to give your income and where you work on the application Just apply honestly and you will be fine.

chatz

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 10:56 am
You need to provide income and employer for medicaid. Or self-employed if self-employed. You don't need to say what you do, whether Rav or janitor.

I really don't get the comment. A Rav is similar to a other people who work for the public - long hours, lots of public work, but not necessarily any income. Or income dependent on the community.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:31 pm
My question is really why those whose income in Brooklyn is as a rav, cannot declare it on the application. This is what this lady is telling my sister, that they have to declare an alternative income. The lady did not get in to detail just told her that she can't. So my question is really to Brooklyn ladies, have you ever heard of something like this and if yes, why? When my sister lived elsewhere they used to put down parsonage and never had any problems.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:47 pm
I don't understand this business of "the lady who helps apply." When I needed to apply, I simply picked up an application, answered all questions honestly to the best of my knowledge, and waited for the response.

I have no idea how or what kind of trouble you can get the whole Brooklyn into by filling a basic application. Very perturbing. But in this context I really think "the whole Brooklyn" is not your problem.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:52 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't understand this business of "the lady who helps apply." When I needed to apply, I simply picked up an application, answered all questions honestly to the best of my knowledge, and waited for the response.

I have no idea how or what kind of trouble you can get the whole Brooklyn into by filling a basic application. Very perturbing. But in this context I really think "the whole Brooklyn" is not your problem.

To the bold. I don't get it either. I've filed my own paperwork for SNAP (online), and all my own documents for HUD and my utility grants. You fill in the blanks and provide the supporting documents for income verification and keep a copy of the entire package you submit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics