Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Ideas for solids for infants

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 8:25 am
My 7 month old just started eatîng solids and loves her baby cereal...any ideas what I can give her on pesach????? She would gag on anything thicker

lfab

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 8:51 am
You can buy jars of baby food that are kosher for pesach (I believe the brand is called first choice) or you can make your own food. Mashed potato, mashed sweet potato, carrots, applesauce, pears, are a few things that come to mind. Cook each item until very soft. then mash with a fork or place in food processor. If it's too thick leave in some of the water you cooked it in to thin it out. You can also mash up bananas or a very ripe avacodo to feed baby.

BeHappy!

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 10:42 am
My baby loves soup! Chicken, zucchini... And the veggies from the soups!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:00 am
do you grind the chicken?- I'm nervous my baby will choke?

BeHappy!

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:06 am
I only gave her chicken from the soup once, but she was fine. I just mashed it up really well between my fingers. They sell kosher ( with a hechsher) chicken and turkey jars. Probably not as good though

youngishbear

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:10 am
So veggies is dinner, fruits is lunch. What will replace cereal breakfast?

Stars

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:16 am
Yogurt, avocado, crushed matzah with milk or water, etc.

sourstix

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:21 am
if shes nursing it isnt instead, how old is she/he? I have a 10 month old and she eats alot of stuff but in the begining when she was good with jars and not chicken for instance I would give her two jars and then a bottle and two sweet potato is very filling. I know pp that put in crushed lady fingers to fill alittle. I am not since my dd isnt good with eggs. I might do gebrochts for her only. need to ask dh. not sure yet what I will do with that. I will definitely give her more jars or make my own and do that. I also mash potato its very filling. you can grind the chicken in blender with some chicken soup and add sweet potato to make it less dry it becomes a meal. I will be trying that too. will have to exopenriment and by the time I will be finished with this pesach will be over. oh my dd is old enought to have matza, so thats a plus.

sourstix

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:23 am
I guess I will do the crushed matza and milk or some other liquid. I would do eggs but shes not good with eggs.

sourstix

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:25 am
I am not doing yogurt till child is a year. especially with a child thats prone to eczema. even tho shes on milk formula. I dont know why but gut is telling me. still have some time to try.

Shani88

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:27 am
BeHappy! wrote:
I only gave her chicken from the soup once, but she was fine. I just mashed it up really well between my fingers. They sell kosher ( with a hechsher) chicken and turkey jars. Probably not as good though

Do you know the brand that sells kosher chicken and turkey jars? I need this for my baby as well.

BeHappy!

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:43 am
Shani88 wrote:
Do you know the brand that sells kosher chicken and turkey jars? I need this for my baby as well.

First choice

lfab

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:47 am
Shani88 wrote:

BeHappy! wrote:
First choice

I don't believe the chicken and turkey jars are kosher for pesach though. At my grocery store they only had carrots, sweet potato, and apples with a KLP hechsher. For regular use they had several other flavors including the chicken and turkey.

smss

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 4:33 pm
OK, you do NOT need to give your babies cookies or matza shock

Avocado is great, soft chicken from the soup is great, baked sweet potato...

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 2:23 pm
Useful info: Babies can manage finger foods from 6 months, even with no teeth! 7 month old should be able to manage most things. Gagging is ok, choking is not. Google Baby led weaning. It's so much easier. Also, you don't need to wait between introducing new foods unless there is a family history of allergies. Also, carbs aren't so necessary for a baby. Baby cereal is just stodgy stuff with added vitamins. Hard to digest and bland.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 4:39 pm
some hold mashed up is more of choking hazard. Some hold by small pieces. Others by big enough that the baby can hold on to it.

devy88

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
My 7 month old just started eatîng solids and loves her baby cereal...any ideas what I can give her on pesach????? She would gag on anything thicker

How do you prepare the baby cereal? The only way I've been using it is by mixing it into a formula bottle

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 11:32 pm
chicken soup with all the fixings ... chopped with a knife - this is natural and filling and full of protein

no need for bought garbage ...

yogurt generally doesn't fit into the typical dairy because it's acidophilus nature

smashed banana works quite well at this age or cook apples down to a sauce
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics