Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do your kids eat well on pesach? On Vacation?

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 11:11 am
We are going away for pesach and I am a bit nervous. The last time we went away for pesach vacation, my daughter, who was 3 at the time, lived on milk and potato chips all week. She is now 5 and I still have the same concern. Going on vacation with my daughter completely off schedule. I know I sound crazy, but I'm one of those mothers who looks at vacations as a business trip rather than vacation. My husband does not understand why while planning a family vacation, I am worried about our daughter's schedule. Do any other mommy's out there feel this way when going on vacation? I wish I could just let go and not worry about these things.
We are going on a family vacation for pesach with the ENTIRE extended family. That includes my in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.. We are 30 people. The last time we went on vacation, we were also 30 people. My father-in-law brought along several bags of chips for the kids. I got my daughter to drink milk every morning, but when it came time to sit and eat meals together, none of the kids sat to eat, so it was very hard to get my daughter to sit and eat. All she wanted to do was play with her cousins.
Any one else feel the same way I do?

MMCH

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 12:42 pm
I really do understand where you are coming from. I also get really stressed out about these things, ESPECIALLY schedules.

I used to marvel at my friends who never stressed, like for example, about sleeping situations when away from home. I have had so many crazy all nighters with my oldest DD, when she was a baby, that my dh and I scarred from those.

So I can relate.
First of all, eating on pesach is not easy for little kids. Especially if they dont like chicken and meat (my girls) and vegetables.
The year my DD1 was 2, she literally at plain cream cheese. On a spoon. And potato chips. It stressed me out. You can't imagine (well you probably can lol) and it was really beyond my control at that point, you cant force feed a 2 year old (well any kid really)
Point is, As I grew up, and my kids grew up, I learned to **TRY** to be more relaxed about these small things.
Pesach is only 8 days, nothing serious will happen if she eat only potato chips. Nothing will happen if she goes to sleep late (well you might have a hard time the next day) but its all temporary.
Enjoy that she's having fun with her cousins/grandparents, enjoy her running around.

good luck.

amother
White

Post Fri, Mar 27 2015, 3:00 pm
I TOTALLY stress about these things!! We once went to Miami on vacation for a few days and my two year old lived on yogurt. It ruined my whole vacation because I was so stressed out about. Pesach is horrible for picky eaters regardless of where you'll be. I would just bring along as much stuff with you as possible that she likes. There's not much else you can really do, but I just want you to know that you're not crazy!! Good luck!

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 1:22 pm
It may or not happen. It’s so exciting, and this cuts hunger. No biggy. It’s one week and kids bodies don’t let themselves starve (if she has a special concern, please disregard and ask your doc). Kol hakavod for remembering what your kid ate or not! I couldn't tell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics