Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teacher embarressed my ds
Previous  1  2

5mom

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 4:30 pm
Actually I think an email is a good idea. You may need a paper trail, especially since the teacher is likely to claim that you and your son both misunderstood him.
I would cc the principal.
If you don't get a response acknowledging that this behavior is totally unacceptable, along with a plan for the future, you should feel free to forward the original email to members of the school board. I hope it doesn't come to that, but you have every right and responsibility to stand up for your child.

debsey

Post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 9:39 pm
5mom wrote:
Actually I think an email is a good idea. You may need a paper trail, especially since the teacher is likely to claim that you and your son both misunderstood him.
I would cc the principal.
If you don't get a response acknowledging that this behavior is totally unacceptable, along with a plan for the future, you should feel free to forward the original email to members of the school board. I hope it doesn't come to that, but you have every right and responsibility to stand up for your child.

This is exactly my thinking. You may have an actual case here.
In NJ, you have the right to an HIB (harrassment, intimidation, and bullying) plan. I don't know if this is a federal thing, but I'd look into it. Your son is entitled to an environment in which he can learn, free of harrassment. A teacher CAN be a bully, and it seems that is what's happening in this case.

That's why I suggested "Emily Post" style wording - because if this does become a legal matter, there will be a paper trail, and you want that paper trail to be as clear as possible.
Hatzlacha. Please don't drop the matter. It will only escalate.
As someone who's been there, my heart goes out to you. It's horrific to watch your child be bullied.
Debsey
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics