Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Greenfire, this is for you.

happy to be me

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 1:30 am
I wanted you to see this and therefore started a new thread.
I am sorry that you were treated hurtfully while trying to help someone.
You are kind and considerate (among many other attributes!) and did not deserve such treatment

saboni

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 2:38 am
I totally agree. Thank you for posting this. Greenfire you are so kind!

Beyla

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 6:49 am
Totally agree!!!!

boysrus

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:29 am
Yay, we love Greenie!

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:13 am
thanx guys - if there is a lesson to be learned I don't think that it is 'it doesn't pay to be nice' but rather look at other people & realize we all cry, we all bleed ... so why be hurtful to someone who is trying to not only help but defend ?!

it's never a good excuse to say oh well I am in so much pain I can get away with hurting you ...

on the other hand my personal lesson is maybe I just don't need to be here ... imagine if an 'amother' posts mean things in one thread & pretends she's your friend in another - I don't wish to be part of a two-faced nefarious camarilla

happy to be me

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:18 am
The solution to that would be to avoid responding when it's an anonymous post. That way there's no double standard.
That's a way better solution than you not being here!

relish

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:20 am
Greenfire, your second point is so true. If you do decide to leave I will miss you!

Sanguine

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:02 am
I didn't even read that post till I saw this one. It was like "what just happened?" You were trying to get people to stop "attacking" OP. Next thing you know she's attacking you. Can't even figure out what happened. Well since she's amother and this might even be her first post here, I hope you won't take her anger at you to heart. Her attitude to you obviously isn't that of an imamother regular. OP of that thread may be new and hurting. Don't know why she turned on you. Anyone who knows you wouldn't have acted like that.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:05 am
That was... weird.

Please don't leave because of one mean or confused person. We all need you here.

Barbara

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:38 am
😘. 🎎

Ok, I don't know what that means. But I'm gonna go postal on anyone who hurts you.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:58 am
Barbara wrote:
😘. 🎎

Ok, I don't know what that means. But I'm gonna go postal on anyone who hurts you.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ight=

carpediem

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 11:43 am
greenfire wrote:
http://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=267654&highlight=

Just read through the thread. Wow. I'm sorry greenfire, the OP really was rude to you. I just wanted to point something out- it's easy to defend posters that you "know", but it's often harder to remember that other posters (even imamothers) have feelings too. The thread is a little confusing- I'm not sure who you said "shut up" to, or in reference to what that was said, but maybe that poster deserves an apology too?

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 11:54 am
Greenfire- imamother won't be the same without you!!! Don't go because of an anonymous mean poster...

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 11:57 am
carpediem wrote:
Just read through the thread. Wow. I'm sorry greenfire, the OP really was rude to you. I just wanted to point something out- it's easy to defend posters that you "know", but it's often harder to remember that other posters (even imamothers) have feelings too. The thread is a little confusing- I'm not sure who you said "shut up" to, or in reference to what that was said, but maybe that poster deserves an apology too?

I will never apologize to someone who re-victimizes a victim of abuse ... this is a large part of why people continue to get molested and raped in the frum communities ... excuses, excuses & more excuses ~

animeme

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 12:02 pm
The poster who got a "shut up" deserved it. And I don't say that often.

My understanding was that the op mistakenly understood greenfire to mean that she should not talk about her abuse/abuser in public (forum), but should instead talk about it only amongst those who also have experience, because if she's talking about it in public, she wants attention (validation).

This is clearly not what greenfire meant; she was trying to help op not get attacked. But something like this point was said by another poster up thread (or in a different related thread?), and I think op was being oversensitive and reading into things about criticism like this because she has received it in the past.

nywife

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 12:08 pm
greenfire wrote:
I will never apologize to someone who re-victimizes a victim of abuse ... this is a large part of why people continue to get molested and raped in the frum communities ... excuses, excuses & more excuses ~

If this comment is referring to me I just want u to know, like I've said a few times, I did not mean to revictimize her. Also, you don't know who I am or my story, (which I didn't want to bring up but just so you know where I'm coming from) I was raped as a young teen by someone in power. Dont make me the monster. All I was saying to the OP was she should try to make herself sound as credible as possible BECAUSE people will be quick to not believe her.

I think my time here at imamother is done. That whole thread was really upsetting & triggering for me.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 12:11 pm
nywife wrote:
If this comment is referring to me I just want u to know, like I've said a few times, I did not mean to revictimize her. Also, you don't know who I am or my story, (which I didn't want to bring up but just so you know where I'm coming from) I was raped as a young teen by someone in power. Dont make me the monster. All I was saying to the OP was she should try to make herself sound as credible as possible BECAUSE people will be quick to not believe her.

I think my time here at imamother is done. That whole thread was really upsetting & triggering for me.

well you said everything BUT the above ...

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:03 am
Just read through that thread, wow the op was RUDE! you did not deserve that!

Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics