Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I HATE CLEANING!!!
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 11:41 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Greenfire, you're really goood!! Probably much better than you let on. Can I have a slice pleeeeaaase??

well thank you - does this mean I don't have to clean Wink

[good in what way ?]

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:38 am
Greenie, what cake did you make today? Share with us!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:45 am
zaq wrote:
wasn't it your birthday about 2 weeks ago?

JMM announced the commencement of her birthday month.

Has the day itself arrived??

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:49 am
youngishbear wrote:
JMM announced the commencement of her birthday month.

Has the day itself arrived??

Hebrew one was י"ט אדר ב and the English one is today! I get to celebrate twice Very Happy

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 10:53 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
Hebrew one was י"ט אדר ב and the English one is today! I get to celebrate twice Very Happy

Happy birthday !!!!! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Party Party Party Party Party Party Party

So your hebrew day is celebrated with purim nosh, and the english one this year... with pasta?

Or do you do takeout?

Or greenie's virtual cake - yum!!!

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:00 am
LOL!!! Well when there are two Adars the dates are around the same time but with only one Adar as it is this year, I got to celebrate with Purim nosh and with... Pesach cleaning (aka chometz leftovers)
Very Happy

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:09 am
youngishbear wrote:
So your hebrew day is celebrated with purim nosh, and the english one this year... with pasta?

all adar babies have 2 or 3 birthdays that we celebrate all month ... get with the program

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....=adar

youngishbear wrote:
Or greenie's virtual cake - yum!!!

to some of us that cake was so not virtual Tongue Out

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:10 am
JustMeMyself wrote:

go edit your profile & add your birth date ... you will have flowers on the home page listing your name ... run run run - before it's no longer march 26th in your part of the world

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:11 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
Greenie, what cake did you make today? Share with us!

today I'm just warming up old-fashioned oat meal ... still counted as cleaning Cool

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:37 am
Happy birthday!!!

And I won't tell you that the kohanim cleaned the ashes and all that. (This is the time of year I get cleaning help for a few hours so I am not one to talk Twisted Evil ) Hugs and hatzlacha!!!!

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 11:45 am
thanx guys:D

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:10 am
today's I hate cleaning recipe ... a corn muffin cake with blackberries & chocolate chips Tongue Out

esther09

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 11:47 am
seeker wrote:
Well, some people don't inherently value or appreciate cleanliness. So if they still have to clean, say for Pesach, but they get no satisfaction from the results, then I'd feel even worse for them. Me, I don't love cleaning, but doing one small thing at a time so I can enjoy seeing results helps keep my spirits up. Put on some stimulating shiurim or TED talks while you work?

I actually put aside money from an extra side job so I could outsource some of my least favorite cleaning jobs, but I haven't been able to find an available, recommended person to do them Sad

Most meaningful and "makes-time-fly" TED talks you listened to? I am spending the day cleaning and need something to keep me going Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 7:08 pm
esther09 wrote:
Most meaningful and "makes-time-fly" TED talks you listened to? I am spending the day cleaning and need something to keep me going Very Happy

TED talks. What a great idea. I assume they're all on youtube though. There was a speech the Rechnitz brothers gave to a Stanford class that was interesting.
I just googled Adam Braun TED. He wrote a book called The Promise of a Pencil. His talks are probably pretty interesting. Googling Peggieline Bartels TED didn't come up with anything but some of the hits look appealing. Her story is compelling.
Of course, there's also Shira Smiles on Naaleh.com and if you like soundbites, go to the Chazak line (845 356 6665) and listen to Esther Baila Schwartz and Rabbi Fishel Schachter; they speak about 12 - 20 minutes.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 5:29 pm
to add to my chometzfest I just made pizza - however, I cut the dough in half and made some mini cinnabons & chocabons for dessert ... a good use of little bits of leftover flour/yeast/etc.

still considered cleaning for pesach ... the FUN way

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 10:31 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
I'm not overdoing it, trust me Wink

Still hating it!

How's the cleaning coming along?

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 9:11 pm
& for the very last of my 'I hate cleaning' getting rid of chometz experiments

frankfurters & sour kraut wrapped in eggroll wrappers & deep fried

now the oil could get thrown away