Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Headaches from sheitals-is a band fall better?

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 2:33 pm
I get headaches sometimes wearing sheitals. Would a band fall be better? Are they lighter? Less on the head? Or does putting a head band on with it make it just as bad.

nyer1

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 2:47 pm
do u wear a sheital with clips? or with a non-slip band? that could help alleviate headaches.
I don't think a band fall will make headaches better - I wear mine only with clips -- it wouldn't work with the non slip band -- the only time I get a sheital related headache is from my fall - not from my full sheital

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 3:25 pm
nyer1 wrote:
do u wear a sheital with clips? or with a non-slip band? that could help alleviate headaches.
I don't think a band fall will make headaches better - I wear mine only with clips -- it wouldn't work with the non slip band -- the only time I get a sheital related headache is from my fall - not from my full sheital

I was going to ask the same question, for the opposite reason. I get terrible migraine headaches from the non-slip band. I thought I was nuts - but then I heard that others had the same problem. I think it presses somewhere that's no good for me, but I really suffer from it. Without it the sheitel drives me crazy, but I don't get real bad headaches.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 5:47 pm
I get migraines from the band, but regular fabric or stretchy headbands never give me headaches. The side clips also bother me. I usually just use the top clip with my sheital.

aquad

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 3:48 am
My headband fall gave me more headaches than my full sheitel. A full sheitel should sit on your head comfortably, and doesn't pull on your hair except when it starts to slip back. A headband fall needs to clip into your hair in order to stay on your head at all (and I didn't like wearing my wiggrip with the fall, as it made a really big bump) and so it is always pulling on your hair. (Caveat: I bought my fall second-hand, so it was a bit too big on me. Could be why it was uncomfortable.)

imokay

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 7:29 am
I find that having the non slip band fabric sewn directly into the full wig cap to be the most comfortable on my head. It's the best of both worlds, no clips because of the wig grip fabric and no wig grip headband going around my head and squeezing it.

iluvjerusalem

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 12:08 pm
I barely wear my band fall because of the headaches I get from it after wearing for only a few hours. I think the headband over the wig definitely adds to it. I have had a few full wigs, and have never had a headache from any of them. So in my experience - no, a band fall does not make for less head aches.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels