Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Inspired by Sima telling her story....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
Well hi then dear relative....
In our part of the fam he is held in such high regard. I can't even bring myself to tell my hub or anyone in the fam for that matter.
Though if it becomes the news on the street and isn't kept hushed its gonna be one big loud outcry!
Why are you not surprised though?

To all another's, is this OP a lone case or have other mothers here also been victimized.

Also OP, were you dressed in a way that could have set him off? I'm sorry if this insensitive question, don't mean it as such, just trying to understand what making him tick. If he just picks ppl out of the blue or only ones that dressed pretty.

what kind of question is that? As if that makes a difference??

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 11:20 pm
peppermintvibe wrote:
The legislatures of 13 states and the District of Columbia disagree with your assessment that this type of behavior does not amount to criminal activity. It is a crime in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia.

If we're arguing about state power, there are 37 other states that don't prosecute for relations between consenting adults, clergy or not. Either way, I think it's harmful for the general cause of s-xual abuse to equate this with other extreme cases of child rape. Not everything is black and white, and we need to acknowledge that within the realm of s-xual abuse, not all offenders are equal.

Either way, I feel for OP, and hope you find a way to recover from this traumatic experience.

imaima

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 12:09 am
nywife wrote:
Unfortunately the wall of shame is not always so credible. I'm really not trying to re victimize her.

So take it up with whoever published the wall of shame? why should op prove anything to you?

Last edited by imaima on Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 5:24 am
I don't know any facts about OP's case, but I do know that this happens. My sister's husband was a predator of troubled women.

He was a psychiatrist who often seduced and slept with the most vulnerable and needy women in his practice. When he got busted for it, he worked as a psychologist, until he got caught doing exactly the same thing. Then he worked for several years as an unlicensed "therapist" and continued his pattern. He was always charming, "caring", and promised the moon to these women. He finally got caught out when one woman became enraged when he refused to divorce my sister and run away with her.

He got hauled up on charges, and was fined a ton of money. He was facing bankruptcy and losing the house. He killed himself on Xmas eve, and my sister was actually glad to be rid of him. I found out later that she was pushing for divorce because she got tired of random women calling at all hours of the day and night looking for him.

This is a HUGE gray area. There are victims, and then there are VICTIMS. The women he was involved with were all in their 20's or older, clinically sane, and able to tell right from wrong. They willingly came back week after week. On the other hand, they weren't exactly thinking clearly, lonely, and easily manipulated.

Was it "abuse"? I don't think so. Unprofessional, icky, unethical and most likely illegal in many states? Most definitely.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 8:41 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
That's. What they said in the Weberman threads
Are you related to him previous poster

I hear both of you. If someone is talking about first hand experience I fully understand her wanting to go amother. (Leaving the topic of this thread aside.) However, if someone wants to support OP with other allegations, it's only adding fuel to the fire to go amother. I'm thinking of amother at the top of this page (page 4) who mentioned his encouraging divorces. While I understand why she would want to go amother, by doing so, she's abdicated her right to be taken seriously as this is so third hand.

cla

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:40 pm
The idea of encouraging divorces - if warranted or not - is anyway completely subjective. Who's to say what the real truth was. Anyone could also write that he "discouraged divorces when warranted" and sound just as ugly.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
I also don't mean to cause hurt, but I think this sounds more like an illicit affair than abuse. Of course, it is nauseating and abhorrent coming from a respectable rabbi, but hardly on the same scale as child molesters.

and why did you agree to go with him??? you were 20 you were aware of what is going on.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
and why did you agree to go with him??? you were 20 you were aware of what is going on.

From my reading there was an apparent power differential that was used to influence the OP. I wouldn't consider it child abuse since the woman was not a child, but it is s-xual abuse.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 1:48 am
I dealt with him personally years ago and sent people to him he was amazing - was able to resolve situations and all this for free. He set up a big yeshiva kolel bais din shiurim and baal tfillah in our someach. Only people that want to ruin him are saying these things. He risked going to Russia y ears ago to bring sform tfillin etc

Yael3

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 3:33 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I dealt with him personally years ago and sent people to him he was amazing - was able to resolve situations and all this for free. He set up a big yeshiva kolel bais din shiurim and baal tfillah in our someach. Only people that want to ruin him are saying these things. He risked going to Russia y ears ago to bring sform tfillin etc

Hi Rose,
I am sure he did these many wonderful things you wrote about. From what I understand, he spent his life doing the types of things you mentioned and was respected all over the world. That said, there’s so much we don’t know about the private lives of people. I’m a therapist and I can say with confidence that people struggle to control impulses and desires even when the healthy part of the person would be abhorred.

Heyaaa

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 3:36 am
Yael3 wrote:
Hi Rose,
I am sure he did these many wonderful things you wrote about. From what I understand, he spent his life doing the types of things you mentioned and was respected all over the world. That said, there’s so much we don’t know about the private lives of people. I’m a therapist and I can say with confidence that people struggle to control impulses and desires even when the healthy part of the person would be abhorred.

This thread hasn't been touched in over 7 years...

Yael3

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:33 am
Heyaaa wrote:
This thread hasn't been touched in over 7 years...

Oops! 🙃
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics