Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rash with raised center

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:18 pm
my infant has a bunch of splotchy red marks on her back, with raised centers on each one. anyone know what it can be? tia

chatz

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:24 pm
here's some pictures. see if any match
http://www.babycenter.com/101_.....29.bc

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:31 pm
op
thanks, but I looked at those and couldnt find one that matched. thats why im asking here if anyone had this with their baby. the red splotches vary in size. all over her upper back, and just the raised centers on a drop of her lower back. like they will probably turn into red splotches around them. thanks!

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:43 pm
Is your baby a newborn? It sounds like erythema toxicum, a common newborn skin condition that is self-resolving.

If you're worried, see your ped. None of us can diagnose what your baby has over the internet.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:47 pm
nope, shes 10 months old. I just noticed it as I was about to put her to sleep so called my ped who said I can put bactroban on it & bring her in if it spreads. just curious if anyone had similar thing oso I know now if its the type that will spread o& ill have to bring her in tomorrow or if it will resolve with bactroban

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 8:53 pm
could it be hives?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 29 2015, 9:04 pm
checked it yup. it could be... thanks

granolamom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 6:08 pm
OP, hows the baby today? rash still there?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 10:00 pm
no, its away. I think it may have been allergic reaction. I realized she ate something a few months ago and broke out on her face. she didnt have it till this week, and she ate it on shabbos or sunday. mustve been that. thanks for asking!!

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 10:00 pm
almost all away. she still has some bumps. almost all gone though

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 11:26 pm
Hives typically will not stay the same from day to day: they will change shape, pattern, etc. etc. Did you give your daughter medication? If it's an allergy, you may want to follow up with an allergist to me sure. Refuah shalaima.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 11:29 pm
I just put on bactroban as per dr's instructions over the phone. it didnt stay teh same. last night was big splotchy red marks all over with the raised center. this morning most of the splotches were gone, and by tonight all of the splotches were gone and teh only thing left was the raised centers

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:49 am
amother wrote:
I just put on bactroban as per dr's instructions over the phone. it didnt stay teh same. last night was big splotchy red marks all over with the raised center. this morning most of the splotches were gone, and by tonight all of the splotches were gone and teh only thing left was the raised centers

I meant that even in someone with hives for longer periods of time, the hives usually change locations in minutes to hours (definitely would be unusual to have the exact same hive in the same location with same shape center 24 hours later).... So you could have hives on your neck for a few days, but the hives of day 2 will not be the same hives of day 1...

Did you take pictures? It's really important for doctors to see rashes because they can be so many things. Definitely avoid what you think triggered it, but follow up as well because if it is an allergy, it's important to know.

BH your daughter is feeling better, and I wish you a great pesach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics