Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for DH for yom tov

Debbig

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 2:13 pm
I would love to get my husband something for yom tov. I already got him the pesach set and a beautiful Haggadah (a few yrs ago) I can't think of anything. Anyone have ideas?

lfab

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 2:22 pm
How about a nice seder plate, a new kittel (if his old one is a little worn), or a new cos shel eliyahu?

sky

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 3:13 pm
How much do you want to spend?

Kiddush cup?

Debbig

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 3:40 pm
sky wrote:
How much do you want to spend?

Kiddush cup?

Up to $150
He has a kiddush cup.
We go to my parents or inlaws for the Seder so all the things for the Seder I need to wait till we start making our own Seder.
But thanx for the suggestions
Do u have any other ideas?

mandr

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:26 pm
I made him a photo book of a vacation we took earlier this year. $7.99 for shipping and that was that. Sometimes the cheap stuff have more intrinsic value than a pricey item. Can you make him slmethjng g personal? Even a nice handwritten card means so much. You don't must give a gift for each yt for each year.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:29 pm
For his birthday, I got my DH a coffee mug w/ a family picture on it and a quote. Saying he loved it would be putting it mildly. He left it in school and loves drinking his coffee out of it and making sure that all the girls around him see what a beautiful wife he has embarrassed !

For you, this might be a good idea if your DH is a big coffee drinker and needs a KLP mug.

Debbig

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:44 pm
mandr wrote:
I made him a photo book of a vacation we took earlier this year. $7.99 for shipping and that was that. Sometimes the cheap stuff have more intrinsic value than a pricey item. Can you make him slmethjng g personal? Even a nice handwritten card means so much. You don't must give a gift for each yt for each year.

I want to get him something. I know I don't need to.
A nice card is a good idea thanx.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:48 pm
anything personalized is nice such as a siddur, haggada, etc
you can buy him a new gartel, if he wears one. my dh got a white one to wear with his kittel.
you can do a sachet in which to keep the afikomen until next year (as a shemira)
new cufflinks, if he wears them
a machzorim set

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:56 pm
I don't get dh anything for y't in general, but I always get him a new haggada for pesach. there are so many out there, it's nice to have a collection. my mom did this when I was a kid, and by the time we were all teenagers, we each had our favorites. my mom used to sit at the seder with two or three haggadas in front of her. we had some great seder discussions.

TeachersNotebook

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 8:32 pm
I got my husband a subscription to JWines Wine Club once. http://jwines.com/wine-clubs.html It was possibly the best gift I ever gave him (granted, I haven't given him too many Smile). For a monthly fee, they hand-pick two bottles to send you each month. Comes with descriptions and pairing notes. It's like getting a new gift every month! And very Pesach appropriate.

Debbig

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 9:38 pm
Teachersnotebook that looks so interesting but to b honest it's something I would enjoy more then him ;-)

lfab

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 11:01 am
If you like the subscription idea how about to something else like a favorite newspaper or magazine?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics