Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Inspirational book/ Sefer

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 6:40 pm
Looking for recommendations for good inspirational book or Sefer (preferably English) to learn during sefira. Something that has impacted you and made a difference in your hashafa emuna midos parenting chinuch etc Thx!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:41 pm
Bump

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:55 pm
http://www.eichlers.com/a-spir......html

you can get daily reminders to count sefira with each day's lesson via e-mail from mlc http://meaningfullife.com/

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:06 pm
Thx greenfire but I'm not looking for sefira specifically just a book or sefer to help me improve myself

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 8:57 am
Bumping one more time... I'm sure someone once read something she found inspirational that she could share!😊

animeme

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 9:07 am
I think a lot of us are in functional mode today vs. Inspirational.

If you like short bits, try Our Father the King or Rabbi Wallerstein's newish book on gratitude- Let There Be Rain.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 9:11 am
animeme wrote:
I think a lot of us are in functional mode today vs. Inspirational.

If you like short bits, try Our Father the King or Rabbi Wallerstein's newish book on gratitude- Let There Be Rain.

Because we are in functional mode, I feel the need to look forward to some inspiration :-) do you mind telling me what you gained from these books? If you know anything about them… Otherwise thanks for the titles

animeme

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 10:28 am
Our Father the King gives insight unto our relationship with Hashem, and helps me to relate to Him with more clarity and in a more real way.

Let There be Rain helps me focus in gratitude in life in general, sort of the same way that learning the Chofetz Chaim books helps you focus on shmiras halashon. So as I go about life annoyed or resentful, instead I look for things to be grateful for, to others and to Hashem.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 10:40 am
animeme wrote:
Our Father the King gives insight unto our relationship with Hashem, and helps me to relate to Him with more clarity and in a more real way.

Let There be Rain helps me focus in gratitude in life in general, sort of the same way that learning the Chofetz Chaim books helps you focus on shmiras halashon. So as I go about life annoyed or resentful, instead I look for things to be grateful for, to others and to Hashem.

Sounds great... Thx

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
Thx greenfire but I'm not looking for sefira specifically just a book or sefer to help me improve myself

yet you're the one who wrote 'sefira'

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:40 pm
greenfire wrote:
yet you're the one who wrote 'sefira'

Guilty as charged! That's why I editted the title. InWant to learn it during Sfira but did not want to be limited to just that rather any type of working on midos etc.

rikki 1

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:44 pm
I've heard people recommend "Living Emunah". I don't remember the author. some people even learn it together as phone chavrusos.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
Guilty as charged! That's why I editted the title. InWant to learn it during Sfira but did not want to be limited to just that rather any type of working on midos etc.

fine - but you have nothing to lose if they send it day by day via e-mail ... it's free & inspirational with specific notions of what to do each and every day of sefira to work on said midda

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:33 pm
rikki f wrote:
I've heard people recommend "Living Emunah". I don't remember the author. some people even learn it together as phone chavrusos.

Rabbi Dovid Ashear. He has a daily brief thought on Kol Halashon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room