Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tights that do not fall down

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 10:18 am
I wear opaque tights all year round and I like to try new brands often on. I am tall and skinny, so I need M/L or C/D. Sometimes C is still too short. Some brands I have tried just don't stay up, like Memoi. Other brands that I really liked either disappeared or I can't remember their names. I usually wear Butterfly or Palm.
Which brands do you recommend?
TIA!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 11:09 am
I like butterfly 60 denier. I tried so many others cuz I wanted a change but always went back to the butterfly.
Talking abt this discussion I'm having a hard time with maternity tights staying up. Any suggestions. I prefer not much thinner than 60 denier.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:45 pm
Maybe try direct, never had a problem with it & the colors r nicer the butterfly.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:46 pm
Sorry I meant SIRECO

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:54 pm
You could try berkshire or dkny if you like Opaque. I think that the DKNY tights are a little wide though: not as wide as the memoi, but still a little wide. I really like Levante, and I think that they offer a wide variety of deniers and colors.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:58 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Sorry I meant SIRECO

Size C in Sireco is a bit short and not tight at all, so I'm afraid D won't stay up. Maybe I should try. If it's too big, I'll have another pair of nice night stockings.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:02 pm
Love love the Florence microfiber 60 den control top. I can get away with the tall and it does not fall at all. (The 80 den is light control top and is not as snug on top the way I like it.)

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:23 pm
I'm tall and have the same problem.
I go in a shop, I ask if they have my size, they assess me as "M, maybe a small L". I try it on, obviously can't get it past my thighs... or it's like on the waist but the crotch is mid thigh.
I take huuuuge sizes, and most of them are too large on the legs, but at least it doesn't hurt and doesn't fall. Stay away from Italian and French brands, go for Slavic and German.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:36 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Stay away from Italian and French brands, go for Slavic and German.

Which brands in particular are you referring to? I get my tights at Jewish stores in Brooklyn and mostly see American brands.
I think, from my personal experience, that French brands (you find in France) are tighter around the waist than American brands, unless things changed since I last was there.

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:38 pm
Even when tights fit me, they seem to creep down - even a little bit becomes uncomfortable. I solved the problem by putting some nice panties OVER the tights and now they stay up in the right places :-) The ones I get have some spandex in them but aren't like tight Spanx.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:42 pm
Amarante wrote:
Even when tights fit me, they seem to creep down - even a little bit becomes uncomfortable. I solved the problem by putting some nice panties OVER the tights and now they stay up in the right places :-) The ones I get have some spandex in them but aren't like tight Spanx.

Which panties do you get? I sometimes pull my tights over my skirt so that they stay in place for a while but it's highly impractical and it doesn't work with every outfit.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:45 pm
Mediterranean women are shorter. Tights accomodate height better for countries with lotsa tall ladies.
I am not familiar with underwear Jewish shops, or brands.
My French exception would be Blancheporte (in huge size). Falke is good.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:55 pm
Try Filazi
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics