Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Pesach cake/cookies- no egg, nuts or potato

BS"D!!!

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:52 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for pesachdike cake or cookies that doesn't have egg, nuts or potato? Maybe something with tapioca starch? Last year when I tried just substituting it in an egg free pesach recipe for the potato starch- it really flopped.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:25 am
I don't think it's possible to create a cake without either of the above.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:31 am
very hard to find anything that fills those criteria. Maybe a cheesecake that uses cheeses and pudding?

You could also try the 1 ingredient chocolate mousse that uses just chocolate and water. google for directions.

Miri7

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 6:23 am
I can't think of any cake or cookie recipes that meet those criteria. For dessert I would try poached pears, fruit with whipped cream,

chanie18

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 7:03 am
cheesecake - mix 1 gvina levana, 1 shamenet, 1 vanilla pudding (powder) & 1/2 cup sugar. Freeze (looks good in little cups).

mousse - 7 eggs, separated, 1/2 cup margarine (sub oil), 2 bars chocolate, 1 cup sugar. whip whites and half the sugar to stiff peaks. melt chocolate with oil, then add egg yolks when cooled slightly. mix it all together. pour half into round pans (I do 2 small round pans) and bake for about 25 mins. then pour the rest in and freeze. its really good. taken from kosher scoop, its called 7-7-7 mousse.

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 7:14 am
I also can't see how this would work.

How about a frog shaped melon holding fruit salad? I can't figure out how to upload the pic from pinterest on my cellphone, but google "hungry frog fruit salad passover" to see it. It's really cute!

Other ideas: dried fruit, plain or chocolate dipped; toffee (melted sugar, oil), jello or pareve pudding, ices or sorbets.

animeme

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 7:27 am
Maybe make chocolate truffles or fudge. Google flourless brownies, and sub tapioca instead of corn starch. (Couldn't find my exact recipe, but here's one that's similar: http://lifemadesimplebakes.com.....nies/) Then you can try to sub the eggs with half a cup applesauce (google egg substitutes). It may scoop instead of cut, but maybe you can make it in muffin cups.

Mishmish

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 11:07 pm
If you can use cake meal, I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that fits the allergy set. Unfortunately, I tend to just come up with ingredients/amounts and do not really write down steps when I am cooking. Also, it's been a few years since I've made these as new allergies arose, but I recall these proportions working well the last time I made them. I think the cookie recipe made about 2 dozen, but I could be wrong.

Pesach Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract (can be omitted)
1 c. cake meal
1/2 c. potato starch (I think tapioca would work as a substitute--might want to play with the amount a bit)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c chocolate chips

Mix sugars, oil, juice, vanilla if using. Sift together cake meal, starch, baking soda, salt. Add to wet mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes.

Also, here's a brownie recipe that I came up with several years ago--for this one, you would want to ask your rav whether flax is permissible. I asked and was told it is not kitniyot and was able to use (purchasing whole and grinding in a coffee grinder). YMMV.

Pesach Brownies

2 eggs (or "flax eggs")
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. cake meal
1/2 c. chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips

Make "flax egg" by combining 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons warm water. Set aside for a few minutes. Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, oil. Add "eggs". Add cake meal and chocolate. Bake in 8x8" pan at 325 F for 25-30 minutes.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 11:26 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....77056

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....11001

Geulanow

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 1:05 am
Ohnuts.com has a delicious looking Pesach cake using almond flour. http://www.ohnuts.com/blog/flo.....over/

oliveoil

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 9:21 am
Geulanow wrote:
Ohnuts.com has a delicious looking Pesach cake using almond flour. http://www.ohnuts.com/blog/flo.....over/

she said she can't use nuts
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics