Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Unsure my nanny washes her hands after bathroom

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 8:11 pm
So she lives on third floor of our house and it started that at night when all is quiet I can hear her and I would hear the toilet flush while at the same time the door to bathroom would open....which would mean either she washed before she flushed or she didnt wash.
I know when she is dealing with my kids she washes her hands after....I am a germie and I have told her how we value handwashing and she can see I always do after coming in from outside....
I know I cant say or do anything but it's really gross.....and I am due IY"H soon and she must be even cleaner to deal with a newborn!!! Not that it's great she deals with my house if she doesn't wash her hands after the bathroom.....ugh......

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 8:52 pm
Now that you're due soon you can bring up the topic without it seeming to come up out-of-the-blue.
Remind her how important hand washing is to you and ask her to try to be extra careful especially since there will be a newborn in the house.
Beyond that, there's really not much you can do. You can't force her to wash her hands or accuse her of not washing them.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 10:18 pm
Have a large bottle of alcohol hand cleanser, with a pump top, next to the sink. She may like that better than getting her hands wet. It smells good.

Have a large hand cream bottle there also, also with a pump top. She may like that too.

Her hands may be dry from cleaning. The hand cream has germ-killer in it, as a preservative, although soap and water would be better obviously.

There, there.

shooting star

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 8:26 pm
And I thought I was the only one with a nanny hand washing issue.

We saw our nanny tie up and take out the (raw and spoiled food) kitchen garbage then immediately come back to the kitchen and was about to get food for our son. Fortunately we were there to ask her to wash her hands before serving food with dirty hands. shock

I guess washing hands isn't common sense.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics