Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing Personal Care Items

penguin

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 7:17 pm
I am not posting under Pesach, though my last job tonight may be to try to organize my bathroom (I already took out the shampoo and face scrub with oats in them).

But, somewhat inspired by recent column on home organization with Rechy Zolty, how do you organize and store these items? Bins, jars, plastic containers, what's going to be practical and pretty?

1. Oral hygiene - toothbrushes, toothpaste, maybe dental floss (though I tend to keep that in my night table)
2. Cosmetics (now in a zipper bag that's a bit too small)
3. Pedicure implements - callus scraper, file, etc
4. Moisturizers etc
5. Razors? Where do they belong (other than on the bath caddy? Do I put a couple of containers on that so they look neater?)

Also, I don't have a label maker (& it's not all that elegant???) but I was thinking, for example, I could take mason jars & stencil the categories on them. But I don't know that glass in the bathroom is all that safe. I suppose I could get some small woven baskets and make stencils with the names. It could be cute... but need to figure out the correct sizes. I do have a few small plastic & woven baskets I may try to use tonight, just to feel like things are neat.

Then there's always empty wipes bins! The best!
Please share your ideas if you are done cooking/need a break/etc!
(Editing to not be anon. Gosh! What was I thinking? That my cluttered bathroom is unique????)

Lady Bug

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 7:40 pm
I use Lucite flat bins to keep makeup. I have a toothbrush holder for the toothbrush and toothpaste. And a little mirror closet over the sink for the rest of the stuff you mentioned. The trick I learned was to keep the bare minimum in the bathroom, mainly whatever you use daily, and just one of each. The rest I keep in bins in a closet, that way the bathroom doesn't get too cluttered with extra razors, 5 lipsticks, etc.

penguin

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 7:46 pm
Great beginning! Thanks, Lady Bug.

Lucite bins! I knew there was something out there!

penguin

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:15 pm
Here is a start! I got one of these with Mishloach Monos in it (it still smells from chocolate, but I think I will 'windex' it and use it for combs & brushes. Or maybe pedicure implements.

(For some reason I can't copy the pic...)

L K

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:25 pm
These containers look so nice!
Where in the bathroom would you put them though if there is very little space around the sink?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics