Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to wash a (curly) sheitel?

SmileUrJewish

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 10:50 am
I just got a new curly sheitel and I think it's about time to wash it. How do I go about doing that??

silbergirl

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 11:49 am
Wash it normally in the sink with a dab of diluted shampoo and conditioner. Hold the sheitel by the part and be gentle. Drain it in a soft towel and then put it on a wig head to dry. From time to time "puff" the hair with your hands in an upward motion so the curls will be more defined. Do not brush it after wash! I wear curly sheitels, too.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 12:23 pm
This is what I do:

Gather everything I need - shampoo, conditioner, gel, brush, towel.

Wet sheitel. Shampoo. Rinse.

Condition the sheitel. Brush out knots while holding the hair near the "roots" so it doesn't get pulled out. Rinse. I condition twice because I can never get all the knots out the first time. It helps to brush the bottom of the wig against the sink to get out stubborn knots.

Squeeze sheitel to remove excess water. Roll in towel and squeeze again. Brush out hair one last time. Work some gel into the hair. Scrunch the curls.

Pin sheitel on head. Leave to air dry, but come back and scrunch the curls every so often.

When it's completely dry, remove the sheitel from the head and give it a good shake. That will get rid of the wet/gel look so it looks more natural.

nyer1

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 12:31 pm
here's my procedure as recommended by my sheital macher and the manufacturer of all my wigs:

sprits with water and maybe a big of leave in conditioner.
brush in small sections, always starting from the tips then moving up toward the root
make sure entire wig is free of any knots or tangles
-- I do this really after every wear--

to wash, get the wig completely wet, then lather up in a clarifying shampoo. massage shampoo through the net, over all the hair. run under the water and gently detangle with fingers. run it under water until you are sure that shampoo is out of the entire wig.

add just a bit of conditioner, making sure not to get it anywhere near the cap of the wig. u want it really just more on the lower half and tips depending on the length.

towel dry. do NOT leave the wig in the towel to dry. this will open up the knots from the hairs.

spray with a leave in conditioner and put a little bit of serum in the hair. again, not near the cap.

brush through in sections, as before.

scrunch and leave to dry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels