Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What's your favorite Pesach chocolate chip cookie recipe?
Previous  1  2

penguin

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:52 pm
Anyone have the recipe from the Hadar can (not sure if its the potato starch can or what)
It has chocolate chips and nuts, no matzo meal.

We can't locate ours.

etky

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 6:27 am
suzyq wrote:
This is THE BEST Pesach cookie recipe EVER. You would never know it's for Pesach. (It is gebrokts.)

1 cup brown sugar
Half cup sugar
One cup oil
tsp Vanilla
Two eggs
1 Tsp baking soda
Vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups cake meal
Choc chips
Bake at 375 for eight minutes

Just made these. They came out really good! I baked them a couple of minutes longer, probably b/c I made them large. They were still quite soft when I took them out but then they firmed up.
I got about 40 cookies from the recipe.
Thanks!

penguin

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 3:54 pm
Thanks Etky, but I need a recipe with basics:
potato starch
eggs
nuts
sugar
oil
zehu!

(The original recipe we lost had chocolate chips. We don't use those either. Though we once tried to mix oil, cocoa, sugar & freeze it... I don't think it worked too well.)

Edited to add:
DD made regular nut cookies but then she drizzled chocolate glaze over them. Excellent! (just cocoa, sugar, water, probably a little oil, I wasn't there to see!)

Last edited by penguin on Tue, Apr 07 2015, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 7:34 pm
etky wrote:
Just made these. They came out really good! I baked them a couple of minutes longer, probably b/c I made them large. They were still quite soft when I took them out but then they firmed up.
Thanks!

With instant or regular pudding?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 8:47 am
PinkFridge wrote:
With instant or regular pudding?

Bumping because I'd like to make it this morning. Thanks!

mandksima

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:02 am
I used a box of dry vanilla pudding mix. I was told they came out tasty but for me, they had way too much oil to work with. I will propbably try aain with 2/3 C oil.

etky

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:12 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Bumping because I'd like to make it this morning. Thanks!

Instant. There is no regular (at least not for Pesach) here.
The dough was kind of oily, as Mandksima said, but the cookies, once baked, were not.
I had the same thing happen with my mandelbrot this year. The dough was really oily, which made me nervous, but the final product was great.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:57 am
etky wrote:
Instant. There is no regular (at least not for Pesach) here.
The dough was kind of oily, as Mandksima said, but the cookies, once baked, were not.
I had the same thing happen with my mandelbrot this year. The dough was really oily, which made me nervous, but the final product was great.

Thanks! Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing regular.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 11:31 am
Bump: ISO recipe not gebrokts, nut free. Does it exist?!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 11:50 am
seeker wrote:
Bump: ISO recipe not gebrokts, nut free. Does it exist?!

You wouldn't think, based on all the recipe inserts. It's the subject of a recent thread of mine.
I don't know if there are any cookies but there are fine brownies and other cakes out there.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:08 pm
I did brownies already, mil will probably make a plain spongy cake, any other ideas? Um, GOOD ideas I mean.

also would love something not sweet to snack. Not potato either (cake can be potato) running out of ideas.besides fruit and veggies.

penguin

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:12 pm
Fresh coconut - if you can find it. You'll need an ice pick or screwdriver & a hammer.

From Martha Stewart:
Quote:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Test each of the three eyes at the stem end of the coconut to find the softest eye. Use an ice pick and a hammer to pierce the eye, then drain the juice into a glass through a fine sieve, and reserve for another use.

Tap the coconut with a hammer until a palm-size piece of the shell breaks off. Continue tapping around the broken edge of the shell until it begins to break apart. Place the broken shells on a baking sheet. Bake the shells for about 10 minutes to loosen the coconut flesh from the shell.

Remove the coconut shells from the oven, and allow them to cool to the touch. Pry out the meat with an oyster knife. With a potato peeler, remove any remaining brown skin from meat.
Now you can just eat it, or
Quote:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place grated or sliced coconut on a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake until lightly toasted. Let cool before using.

Simple1

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:21 pm
seeker wrote:
I did brownies already, mil will probably make a plain spongy cake, any other ideas? Um, GOOD ideas I mean.

also would love something not sweet to snack. Not potato either (cake can be potato) running out of ideas.besides fruit and veggies.

Tollhouse cake is nut-free
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....07294

For snacks - cheese (any type), yogurt, hard boiled eggs

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:42 pm
Simple1 wrote:

Thanks for the cake idea.
What you're calling snacks is what we have for food here. lol. It's like 80% of what we're eating most days...

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 2:10 pm
Simple1 wrote:

I just checked this out. So many posts of "can I leave out vanilla" "the recipe calls for nuts but we left them out" etc. it was reminding me of the proverbial story of the poor man who asked his wife to make him pancakes, like he saw in the rich man's house ;-) Does anyone know how it actually turns out as per the recipe?

And re the pudding choc. chip cookies: I greased the pan and took them out at 9 minutes. Fabulous! And I have a pretty good gebrochts recipe.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 3:17 pm
Since I started this thread, this has actually been my favorite chocolate chip recipe by far.
They magically disappear from the freezer Smile

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....20400

ETA to try link again and see if it will link to the top page of the thread instead of the bottom page of the same thread

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:06 pm
ra_mom, it's your thread so you can do whatever you want to, but nisht oif Pesach geredt Wink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:10 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
ra_mom, it's your thread so you can do whatever you want to, but nisht oif Pesach geredt Wink

I linked a pesach thread with pesach recipes only

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:17 pm
Oops. It went straight to a post with a link, which I opened. For Levana's cc cookies. I thought that was the purpose of your posting the above link.

QUEENY

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:20 pm
etky wrote:
Thanks!

I make a similar recipe without the vanilla pudding
mix 1 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp water
2 eggs
then add 1 1/2 cup cake meal
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda