Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Are you restless on Chol haMoed

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:09 pm
I usually do needlework or other crafts to keep my hands busy. I am wondering how much of my lousy mood is withdrawal and to what extent it's an addiction!

I suppose I could get a heter if I am rally miserable (well, I am, but I don't know if that's why!).

I did a crossword puzzle today using my left hand...

lifesagift

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:39 pm
Do u have kids|grandkids? Sit down and play with toys, like blocks or Lego. A lot more fun than u think... Also jigsaw puzzles

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:29 pm
OP here. I am in a bad mood, so pardon me if I'm kvetching too much.
But, DD was here for the first days. She has a couple of kids who whine all the time. (1 is ostensibly teething...)

I am too old & creaky to get down on the floor & build. I do like to do crafts & things with the older ones, but that's pretty much out on chol hamoed.

I am also out of sorts because my dietary restrictions combined with Pesach restrictions are very challenging.

And I have a teenager who makes me feel very uncomfortable in the kitchen. But I managed to make myself something last night. (I'm the OP of the other thread about Pesach Depression II).

But here I'm exploring a different question. If you don't have young children and you're not so busy in the kitchen, are you restless and bored? Do you miss your chol activities?

I have things to read, but I seem to have a shorter attention span than previously, so I'm not even enjoying reading all that much.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 11:09 pm
I have a lot of things I need to be doing, and I am truly enjoying the fact that I "won't let" myself do them. Wink

DD, on the other hand, is climbing up the walls and kvetching non stop. At wits end
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics