Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Whats with KRM's new manager? Are they having money issues?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:22 pm
I spend thousands of dollars at KRM yearly, for sure $1,000 over Pesach alone.

I complained that a case of apples that I paid $27.99 for, was mushy, and he saw the mushy case of apples (he sent someone to pick the case up). He will only refund 75% of the cost of the case.

Im annoyed because Im not a chronic complainer.

He said I had use of a few apples. I said I dont think I should have had to wash mush off from the mushy ones, off the few non mushy ones.

Over the years when I complained once or twice, other managers were much more easygoing and friendly. I can't remember complaining more than once in 5 years.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:45 pm
First of all: don't engage in a back and forth of how many apples you did or did not use and if it was inconvenience to wipe mush off of them. That's not going to get you anywhere. If he feels that since you used apples, you should have to pay, it doesn't matter if they have mush on them or not.

Furthermore, did you call immediately? They needed to be returned immediately. Also, before pesach, when you order products and do not select them yourself, it should be expected that the possibility of a mushy mess may be what you have delivered just considering the circumstances (tons of apples, tons of customers, just packing boxes without inspection, etc.) Still, delivering mushy apples is unacceptable - workers should check what they package and deliver, and you should also check your order immediately. I think that a 75% refund is decent considering how late into pesach it is, however a full refund would be appropriate as well. It is possible that they have a no refunds or returns in pesach policy, like many groceries. I would expect a grocery to take the loss and refund all of the money, but I know that that is not standard in many frum stores so.......... That being said, if you explain what happened, fairly, and take accountability for not checking earlier and say that you have always been a loyal customer and feel like a full refund is in order you should have more luck at getting the full refund than if you engage him in silly bickering over wiping off mush from the apples you used.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:55 pm
I shop at a heimeshegrocery and can tell you that whenever I returned anything for any reason, they were apologetic and gave me a full refund. They usually don't even want an explanation, just return it and get a full refund or another item.
Which is why I shop there.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:57 pm
Yanky is still there. They have many additional managers there now too besides him.
It sounds like the amount they credited you was fair based on the circumstances.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 3:28 pm
Update:

I went to whoever was there today, showed the receipt, and was refunded total price (which was not $27.99, it was $22.99). I found the receipt and I saw the price. ; - )

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:21 pm
Bread berrys Smile

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 12:50 am
OP here. I think the ONE manager I spoke to on the phone (not Yanky) had a bad day today. I never had a problem there and Ive been shopping there regularly for years. The manager who I met today was polite and refunded the total price of the mushy case even though a few apples were usable (most werent). No questions asked.

rosebunch

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 12:59 am
I received a total refund from krm manager a while back on a case potato chips that had holes in the bags, very apparently caused by mice...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics