Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Ds starting new school after pesach question

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 2:45 pm
we recently moved and ds is starting a new school hes in second grade. I want him to make new freinds so I was thinking of him bringing a small shmuntze to the kids in his class the first day. opinions of everyone is appreciated especially those in the teaching field. dont forget its second grade boys. is it a good idea? not a good one? do I accomplish anything? would the rebbe be ok? do I need to ask first? dh doesnt want me to. I still need to convince him. thats another story.

momX4

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 2:50 pm
I think its a great idea, but call the rebbe first. Maybe a doughnut or candy to give out would be ok. You need to find out about the allergies in the class. Maybe the rebbe would think that a football or basketball for recess is ideal.

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 2:53 pm
does everyone agree I need to call the rebbe first? its nothing big. not disagreeing but just asking. maybe I should just call to ask what the children are up to in learning and ask then. I guess I am thinking out loud.

tweek

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 2:59 pm
sourstix wrote:
does everyone agree I need to call the rebbe first? its nothing big. not disagreeing but just asking. maybe I should just call to ask what the children are up to in learning and ask then. I guess I am thinking out loud.

You never lose by asking first. There is no value in surprising anyone here, and this way you are playing it safe.

Hope it all works out! Hatzlacha!

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 3:00 pm
thanks tweek. didnt think of it that way. I def will ask.

debsey

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 3:05 pm
sourstix wrote:
definitely ask the rebbe - u never know - the school might have some sort of policy. it is always good to ask - this establishes you as a mother who wants to follow school policies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics