Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food in Brussels airport?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Apr 03 2015, 12:09 pm
My husband is going to have an 8-hour layover in Brussels airport, from 4 am to noon. Does anyone know where he can get kosher food in or near the airport?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 3:29 pm
download the kosher list of Belgium
does he have the desire to go to Bxl and eat in a restaurant

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 3:41 pm
He can always take a train to a Antwerp. 1 her away. There is heaps of restaurant s here.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 4:08 pm
In Brussels is only one restaurant that is in a supermarket, and its at least an hour away by train. You can catch a fast train to Antwerp that takes half an hour. Lots of choice here.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 6:51 pm
Another vote for Antwerp, which is just about 30min by train directly from the airport.
Though I highly doubt the first train would be running that early--check with the SNCB website.
He can easily find miniyan for shacharit as well as food (Kleinblatt bakery is fab!) and
enough time to get back to the airport.

Alternatively, bring enough food before boarding the plane, check into a hotel near
the airport and catch up with some rest. The airport is less than 20minutes from
central Brussels.

rachel91

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 7:26 pm
There is a shul in the airport, I don't know about food though. As far as I know, there is more than 1 kosher restaurant in Brussels, but Antwerp would probably be the best choice, if he's up to traveling back and fort.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 7:29 pm
now that I think about it the main restaurants dont open till 10 or 12, but by the diamond district is a place were you can get breakfast and lunch. I think she opens 830 9?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 12:24 pm
Geltov and Shoresh in brussels.
FTR despite what internet says Balthazar and the pizzeria are closed, so afaik 2.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 1:44 pm
Is it faster to get to a restaurant or grocery in Brussels or just to go to Antwerp? Can he get something like tuna fish, salad and bread near the airport? It doesn't have to be a sit down meal.

He will be 8 hours into his trip, and probably very tired, another 9 hours after Brussels. Also he only speaks English and Hebrew would navigating the trains be an issue?

Thank you so much!

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Apr 11 2015, 7:41 pm
That early nothing is open. I think its better to go to antwerp. the bakery open here at 7am. and the stores open at 8. English is no problem here. everyone understands it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 9:21 am
Thank you!

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 9:26 am
from what I remember of brussles and antwerp - in antwerp kosher shops and restaurants are centrally located, not necessarily in brussles. So def worth going to antwerp.

Although, if he is not picky about food, he can just pack some sandwiches or food that will survive the trip (muffins, granola bars, hard cheese, crackers) and check into a hotel and sleep.

rachel91

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 9:33 am
To be honest, op. I wouldn't bother with the trip to antwerp. It will be early, aand he will most propably be exhausted, and it is abit of a shlep. I would just take enough food with me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics