Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dreading being a guest on Yom Tov?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Do you dread going away for Yom Tov?
Yes  
 61%  [ 51 ]
No  
 38%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 83

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
For sure. Your family, friends and neighbors
who keep houses nice are also disgusted. We just don't say so.

By the way, my place isn't filthy. Disorganized maybe. But that is besides the point. You are insulting people under amother. Use your screen name if you feel strong enough about a topic to insult others over it. Otherwise I will recommend rereading the rules. This constitutes abuse of the amother feature.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
Then by that reasoning it is their problem is pesach is too stressful.

Yup

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 12:30 pm
I think it is very important to be clear to yourself and everyone around what is Pesach cleaning and what is spring cleaning.

I spring cleaned s/t in the middle of Pesach cleaning and announced s/t like "al shem spring cleaning"! I agree w/ other posters. Some things will never get clean if I don't clean them when all the cleaning supplies are out. Dust and mold are not healthy for my family. It does need to be gotten rid of.

BUT, I don't think it's healthy for kids to think that cleaning for Pesach is such a tircha, when it's cleaning for Pesach + spring cleaning. My guess is that many women are scared to make Pesach b/c their mothers made it into such a huge ordeal and cleaned much more than necessary and now these women have a mental block in their head against making Pesach and would rather dread going away b/c making Pesach is insurmountable.

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 1:32 pm
amother wrote:
For sure. Your family, friends and neighbors
who keep houses nice are also disgusted. We just don't say so.

You just put down other posters to feel good about yourself and your crazy ocd rules. You cannot live with the fact that other people live in a nice hygienic setting without putting so much effort into it as you do.
I have a friend like this who holds that whoever doesn't clean by her rules has a filthy house. People secretly hate her for that.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 1:37 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
By the way, my place isn't filthy. Disorganized maybe. But that is besides the point. You are insulting people under amother. Use your screen name if you feel strong enough about a topic to insult others over it. Otherwise I will recommend rereading the rules. This constitutes abuse of the amother feature.

Who did I insult? Every person who doesn't clean their house once a year?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 1:40 pm
imaima wrote:
You just put down other posters to feel good about yourself and your crazy ocd rules. You cannot live with the fact that other people live in a nice hygienic setting without putting so much effort into it as you do.
I have a friend like this who holds that whoever doesn't clean by her rules has a filthy house. People secretly hate her for that.

Yup, crazy OCD rules to want to be in a house that is cleaned at least once a year.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:32 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
Please explain how you spend $500 dollars on everything. Matzah alone is a few hundred dollars. Thanks

1 box hand matzoh=$36
wine=$50
cleaning help=$120
random appliances and utensils=$75-$100
groceries (including machine matzoh)=$350-$400

I don't count $150 of the grocery shopping because I spend that much every week anyway and I also don't count about $50 of cleaning help since I also spend that every week.

I guess you can say I spend $500 above my everyday expenses for Pesach.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
That's great you are happy. I find that disgusting. Do you at least dust the edges? You can see the top shelves. After a few years of not cleaning that layer of dust must look the way some people's attics or under their bed looks. Yuck!

Edges? What does that have to do with pesach cleaning? Dusting is done weekly or whenever you do the routine cleaning. Seriously, what does this have to do with pesach cleaning? I don't spring clean before pesach. I do it in the months before and the months after. How would I be able to juggle everything in one shot if I work practically full time? I don't do any sort of binge cleaning or binge laundry or binge cooking or binge shopping or binge anything. Easy does it. A little at a time like my grandmother used to say. That way no Yom Tov is overwhelming and I get to enjoy not only the Yom Tov but the slow and steady preps too.
Stop putting people down. It doesn't sound like I would ever want to be in your uptight home.

Edited got typo

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:52 pm
Girls, take it outside. Especially since one or more of you are breaking the rules by using amother to be insulting.

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
Yup, crazy OCD rules to want to be in a house that is cleaned at least once a year.

Noone said that they never clean. But don't make people believe that if they don't wash every single inch of every single surface in their house, they are wrong.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics